For Sale Price drop: US Army WWII wool sleeping bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tagaeri

Jan 20, 2014
West Cornwall
Selling my US Army WWII GI wool sleeping bag. Not sure of the date, but these were first issued in the 1940s. It's marked 'Bag, Sleeping, Wool' on the inside. These would have originally come with a water-resistent case.

IMG_5171.JPGIMG_5172.jpg

This is a mummy bag in OD wool with a half-length zip. It's in pretty good condition considering it's 70 year's old! The zip works and runs smooth (with the help of a little bees wax I added!). I've washed the bag with wool wash a couple of times to add lanolin and improve the inevitable faint musty smell a little. There are various small repairs and signs of age to the wool. One of the straps has been replaced and the other is pretty tatty, but you could just cut these off - they're for rolling it up, and I just use a compression sack. Overall, though, it's in good nick - and nice and warm!

I keep it in a medium Podsacs compression sack (which I'll include in the sale), and it compresses down pretty well. It weighs in at 1.7 kg - so not lightweight, but not too bad either considering it's wool.

These seem to go for anything from $30-$80 (£20-£60) on eBay if you can find one in stock anywhere and get it shipped from the US. I'll take £35 NOW £30 including postage, PayPal fees and the compression sack.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Reactions: santaman2000

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE