Potential SMALL SCALE Sharpmaker GB

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Hi all,
Found a really cheap source for Spyderco Sharpmakers - $37.99 US, or about £22. I've ordered one, but to make P&P more efficient I thought I would see if anyone else wants one to split the cost. P&P for one was just over $20 including insurance. I've asked if it would be possible to throw several in the package for the same or similar postage cost. Still waiting for a reply, but if anyone else is interested, can you post here?
Just to keep it manageable until I get a definite answer, I'd like to limit it to 4 other units. First come first served! However, if you're not one of the first 4 but you're interested, please still post your interest. I can then get an idea of full numbers to perhaps negotiate a proper group buy (if he has that many!)

Cheers,
Neil

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Coool good price for a great bit of kit - I swear by mine, they are truly fabulous,
Go on go on go on - you know you want to ! I thought i did well to get mine for £35 ! So you are onto a winner here.
Cheers
Rich

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
I'd be in for one if you decide to increase the order.

rb

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Ok, I have asked him to quote for 9 units so I shall close the books for the moment. I'll get back with a quote ASAP.

Cheers,
Neil

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
Thanks for taking the trouble to look into this Neil, it's much appreciated.

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Hi all,
Got a reply from the fella today. Apparently he's sold out and had only ordered 4 in- he hadn't got my mail by the time he reordered. :( I've reconfirmed interest in 9, including my own, so please watch this space.

Neil

Tutchi

Forager
Nov 15, 2005
Scotland
ilovemybed said:
Hi all,
Got a reply from the fella today. Apparently he's sold out and had only ordered 4 in- he hadn't got my mail by the time he reordered. :( I've reconfirmed interest in 9, including my own, so please watch this space.

Neil

Hi Neil
thats fine M8 thank you.

Tutchi
:cool:

richardw

Tenderfoot
Sep 1, 2005
Kent
ilovemybed said:
Hi all,

Neil

If you have to re-order Neil, could you possibly add me to the list?

It would be mucg appreciated as I have been considering one of these for a while but have been put off by the cost.

Cheers,

Richard

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Sorry guys, he wasn't up for a bulk purchase and didn't seem keen on posting to the UK.
Still, I managed to persuade him to sell me one and all in, including P&P, it cost me £34 quid. ($59.34 or something like that)

Just search on eBAY for them, and you'll find some US Sellers that match that price but not seen any near that price in the UK.
Hooray for the weak dollar! (Strong pound? :confused: )

Pretty happy with it. I must admit I expected a little more in the system for keeping to the set grind angle, rather than the instruction to "Just keep the blade vertical". I saw another system that has angle guides but I can't remember where. Dunno how it compares in use.

Cheers,
Neil

Tutchi

Forager
Nov 15, 2005
Scotland
ilovemybed said:
Sorry guys, he wasn't up for a bulk purchase and didn't seem keen on posting to the UK.
Still, I managed to persuade him to sell me one and all in, including P&P, it cost me £34 quid. ($59.34 or something like that)

Just search on eBAY for them, and you'll find some US Sellers that match that price but not seen any near that price in the UK.
Hooray for the weak dollar! (Strong pound? :confused: )

Pretty happy with it. I must admit I expected a little more in the system for keeping to the set grind angle, rather than the instruction to "Just keep the blade vertical". I saw another system that has angle guides but I can't remember where. Dunno how it compares in use.

Cheers,
Neil

Hi Neil
can't be helped M8 thanks for trying.
Tutchi
:cool:

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
ilovemybed said:
... I must admit I expected a little more in the system for keeping to the set grind angle, rather than the instruction to "Just keep the blade vertical".
Cheers,
Neil

Don't worry about it, keeping the blade verticle is a darned site easier than holding it at a fixed angle on a flat stone. I think you're going to be impressed with your results, I know I was. :yikes: scary sharp

ATB

Ogri the trog

themac

Forager
Jan 6, 2006
Milton Keynes
"I will give you a price of $50 USD each if you purchase 10 of these sharpeners. The shipping to the UK will be $100.00 Standard Flat shipping rate via usps air parcel post. The package will weight just under 20 pounds."

Thoughts on this? Works out to roughly £34.50 per unit. They would then need to be sent around UK and run the risk of custom duty.......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE