Pot to go under 12 cm Zebra billy?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tagaeri

Jan 20, 2014
West Cornwall
Does anyone know of a stainless steel or titanium pot that can sit under the 12 cm Zebra billy with a good fit (i.e. the Zebra fits inside it snugly)? As a bonus, the Zebra lid would fit it too! I have a pot at the moment that is about half the height of the Zebra and fits perfectly (including the lid), but it's very thin aluminium so not ideal. Thanks!

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Couple of things.
Firstly, what do you want the pot for? Is it to make a hobo stove? I presume it's not for cooking since if it's on the outside (under) the billy then the inside of the pot will pick up all the dirt and soot on the outside of the billy. And you really don't want that, surely?

Secondly (and this is probably why there haven't been too many responses to your request) it's probably going to be a case of serendipity and luck. Good thing is, you know the diameter of your billy (12cm). so what you want to do is each time you're somewhere that may sell stainless steel homeware have a look and a measure. Those places like The Range and Wilkos are best - they're cheap and they also sell DIY stuff so you can go grab a tape measure to check the pot size to make sure! There's also ASDA and Ikea. Some have luck with charity shops. But I think you'll just have to accept that each bushcrafter finds their own where they find them rather than one killer supplier.
You'll have to keep an eye out when out and about shopping.
Best of luck.

Tagaeri

Jan 20, 2014
West Cornwall
Thanks Wander.

Nope, it's to use as a pot/bowl. I keep the bottom of my Zebra clean, so don't have too much of a problem with dirty pans (and can always clean up the inside of the second pot before use if it does get a little dirty).

I agree it's likely to be luck finding something, but hoped someone had already had that luck and could share!

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Ti pots are generally expensiveand larger ones moreso. Looking at the 12cm Zebra; you don't really want the new pot to be more than 10cm tall, so you're looking for pots 12ish cm dia x 10cm tall & about 1ltr cap. The TiLite was the only Ti pot I found on eBay that might meet the criteria. I only briefly looked at ss pots but I think you'll most likely find something suitable sizewise at a reasonable price in aluminium.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE