1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Posting knives to Germany?

Discussion in 'How do I?' started by Forest fella, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Forest fella

Forest fella Full Member

I've got a buyer for my ''Parry'' knife, But there in Germany, Anyone know what the laws are like now on shipping blades abroad.
    cheers

2. sandbender

Mod

I can't help with a definite answer for the UK side of things, I would imagine if properly packaged you shouldn't have a problem. I have however had knives posted to the UK from Germany and have never had a problem.

3. Silverback 1

Silverback 1 Native

Just shipped a pricey blade to Germany recently, absolutely no problem by Royal Fail Airsure, would advise you to pay for the extra insurance cover, it cost me c.£17 to cover for up to £500 replacement value, hope this helps.

Edit:-

If nosey PO staff ask what's in the parcel, tell them cutlery or hand tools, preferably the latter.

#3 Silverback 1, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  4. Perrari

Perrari Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)

It's within the EU so you should have no problem. Just make sure it is packaged well. As Silverback said if they ask you at the post office what it is don't say the word 'knife' ! Call it a 'carving tool', and emphasise that it is safely packaged. P.O. staff freak out when knife is mentioned.