Posting knives to Germany?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I can't help with a definite answer for the UK side of things, I would imagine if properly packaged you shouldn't have a problem. I have however had knives posted to the UK from Germany and have never had a problem.

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
Just shipped a pricey blade to Germany recently, absolutely no problem by Royal Fail Airsure, would advise you to pay for the extra insurance cover, it cost me c.£17 to cover for up to £500 replacement value, hope this helps.

Edit:-

If nosey PO staff ask what's in the parcel, tell them cutlery or hand tools, preferably the latter.

Last edited:

Perrari

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
It's within the EU so you should have no problem. Just make sure it is packaged well. As Silverback said if they ask you at the post office what it is don't say the word 'knife' ! Call it a 'carving tool', and emphasise that it is safely packaged. P.O. staff freak out when knife is mentioned.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE