Post pics of your old Karrimor back packs!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivanhoe

Forager
Aug 28, 2011
Sweden
Yep, we want to see real worn Karrimors, dirty, tatty and infested with
badges, religious symbols and motivational patches! :)

Once upon a time the Karrimor Jaguar was considered the most
high tech sack out there, and I wanted one of those when I was
in my teens. Unfortunately there wasn't any good suppliers where
I was at the time, so I never managed to find it. (Or it might have
been too expensive.)

A friend of mine had a blue and red Karrimor of unknown model that
he brought with him around the world and it accumulated patches
and stuff until it looked like a x-mas tree. It was the best sack he
ever had, but was stolen and ever since he's been unable to find
any backpack even half as good...

Anyway, get your trusted sacks out and show us some photos!

Extra points for really dirty ones, mended ones, altered ones and for
a few words on where they've been and what they've done!

character0175.gif

Last edited:

Ivanhoe

Forager
Aug 28, 2011
Sweden
Bloody H*ll, that was an excellent start! :)

I've always wanted to get up on some of your Highland peaks.
Even got some maps laying around here, just collecting dust...

Last edited:

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
My very old Karrimor Alpiniste 55 , it has been well used for climbing backpacking and mountain biking .

I had a jaguar before the alpiniste but sold it to my brother so i could buy a Berghaus Alp 2 .

048lq.jpg

Craig................

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
The the only pack I own is a 1979 Karrimor jaguar. I had know idea they had been surpassed. It still works ok but the zip between main sac and the bottom bit is a bit stiff.It is a desert buff colour that I knew would come back in fashion sooner or later. I dont have a camera to take its picture..

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Here's my Panther 75 (with the SA back system, no less!) in action on New Year's day.
6795781550_c23e53fbf9_z.jpg

I've given up trying to break the thing and just concluded that it is bombproof.

Ivanhoe

Forager
Aug 28, 2011
Sweden
Don't be shy lads! :) Keep posting.

I love pics like these!

The the only pack I own is a 1979 Karrimor jaguar...
I dont have a camera to take its picture..

:eek: Just solve the problem! In fact, you should write a thread about it and
some of the adventures it has had!

Old well used kit sometimes become a little bit of your personality... :eek:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've no pics but my first pack as a kid was a royal blue external framed Karrimor, I used to haul a Lichfield cotton tent around on the ledge and a Caravan synthetic four season bag taking up most of the main chamber, I had a blue gas stove in one side pocket with my mug and kfs in the other, I used to hang my Bulldog billy set on the outside, think Charlie Muggins in Carry on Camping :)
The back system was horrendous, similar to the Swedish LK35 but held on with steel s-hooks which always used to snag on clothes or bend out of shape.

johnboy

Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
I've no pics but my first pack as a kid was a royal blue external framed Karrimor, I used to haul a Lichfield cotton tent around on the ledge and a Caravan synthetic four season bag taking up most of the main chamber, I had a blue gas stove in one side pocket with my mug and kfs in the other, I used to hang my Bulldog billy set on the outside, think Charlie Muggins in Carry on Camping :)
The back system was horrendous, similar to the Swedish LK35 but held on with steel s-hooks which always used to snag on clothes or bend out of shape.

Were you happy....that's the question.

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
Name of the sack was "Outward Bound," and the external frame (which could be bought separately, was the Orienteer. I think that it was brought out about 1950 and I am not sure, but think the frame with an alternative Sac was used on the everest Expedition in 1952 or thereabouts. I however stand to be corrected. I just disposed of my Outward Bound Sac about six months ago, and there was very little wrong with it, as far as wear was concearned, though it had extensive use in the Scottish Hills. It was made of very stout canvas and really soaked up the rain, making it about twice as heavy. it was however very waterproof, though we always used a plastic bag (liner) in those days just tombe sure. The padded hip belt on the frame was perfect and took the load on your pelvic girdle a treat. It was superseeded, by Nylon Sacs which were much lighter. The buckles were made of metal and the fastening straps were of grey webbing similar to Military ones and the ends of the ones which closed the pouches were turned back on themselves so that they didn't come free from the buckles, which was a nuisance, when you were trying to load up. Happy memories !

Ben98

Forager
Jun 30, 2010
West Yorkshire
RestandelationafterclimbingtheSteepScreeSlope19-10-20091-04-08am.jpg

BethanyCrossingtheSummitColontheWaytoAngelus19-10-20092-21-25am.jpg

DifficultdescenttotheCascadevalley20-10-20099-27-29pm.jpg

Karrimor New style Hot Rocks in action . Really really good daysacks...

Completely agree!
I've had the 40 for a few years now, its done everything!
I've just got a new alpiniste 45+10 for bigger winter camps :)
Hopefully it shall last and get dirty for years to come :-D

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Tapatalk 2

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Got this one off Ebay for less than a tenner, not had a chance to use it yet though :(.

003_zpsa450c607.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE