Possibles pouch.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pwb

I've made myself another possibles type pouch , a bit bigger than my first one.

DSC03094Small.jpg
DSC03113Small.jpg

I kept with the drop carry and one hand opening and also added a single front pocket which is sized for 91mm Victorinox SAKS of the Farmer, Spartan type but will also take a Light -My - Fire Army firesteel.

DSC03108Small.jpg
DSC03104Small.jpg

The pouch is constructed from 3-3.5mm veg tanned leather and hand stitched with braided nylon thread. A turn button fastener is used on the front flap, a Sam Browne stud on the front pocket, brass D rings on the back and the great Lift-a-Dot closures on the belt loops.

Got the idea for how to fix the D rings on from Magikelly's excellent tutorial :)

DSC03100Small.jpg
DSC03109Small.jpg

I used the same dark brown dye I've used on various other things in the past ( Fieblings ) but this time ' dark ' is putting it mildly, it's verging on black :eek:, kind of hope it might lighten up a bit . Don't know what I did differently :confused:, apart from buying it from E-Bay :rolleyes:.

Pouch size is approx : 6" X 6 1/2 " X 3"

S

steelyglint

Pubb,

That's excellent really well executed, I'm just starting in leather work and I hope to be able to turn out items that good, do you work from patterns or free work ? if patterns, then you should consider publishing them I'd part with money for a pattern for a bag like that.

pwb

Pubb,

That's excellent really well executed, I'm just starting in leather work and I hope to be able to turn out items that good, do you work from patterns or free work ? if patterns, then you should consider publishing them I'd part with money for a pattern for a bag like that.

Thanks,

No patterns but use a mould to shape the wet leather very like the one in Magikelly's tutorial but I use a two part mould :

DSC03119Small.jpg

DSC03063Small.jpg

I then try out various designs using thick cardboard until happy.

All you need to know is in Magi k's tutorial and others really :). I'd be lost without all the info available here .

Apr 29, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Wow,.....the quality of this crafted pouch almost makes me drool lol. You can tell it took time and care to craft, and was not just slapped together. I read below that you are not selling these or other products and that this was an item crafted for yourself, but if you ever consider crafting another, I would be most definitely interested in purchasing an item of this quality.......you simply do not find items crafted like this very often. Thanks again for the pics, its a real beauty.

Aug 16, 2010
newcastle
very nice work. Can I ask where you got all the poppers and catches from. is there somewhere in the uk you can buy all the supplies to make something like this?
Thanks

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE