Possibles Pouch with leather closure.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-1

Having now finished and waxed this one to my liking it's up for grabs. Pictures as a reminder or for people that didn't see the other thread.

possibles1kj9.jpg

Well that's the front, this is the side.

possibles2nq9.jpg

Specs are 7 (width) x 6 (height) x 2.5 (deep) inches, the leather is veg tan, the face, back and hood are made from 3.2mm and the wall, closure and loops are from 2.5mm. All stitching is by hand and in black 0.8mm braid.

Be aware that it will be a little shinier now as it has been waxed.

I am asking £55, that's inclusive of PayPal fees and postage and packing which will be RMSD as that then covers the item for insurance.

leon-1

That's a smasher Leon, very nice and probably very underpriced again.

Thanks Rich, it took a little while to sort out the math to scale down the Cartridge bag, half a day drawing up the pattern, half a day cutting out. Then a day to score it, mark it for stitching and dye and dry it and then finally a day to stitch it, burnish and resolene. The waxing was done by hand so that then took a couple of hours. Plus the issues that were raised in the thread on leather closures have been addressed.

So all in all it's three days or so work, my hands now have zinc oxide tape all over the little and index fingers of both hands where they have gotten rather sore (I have other projects under way as well). I must admit though I did rather enjoy making it :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Having had a pouch with this type of closure and owning one of Leon's pouches I can say without doubt - buy this if you want to own a pouch that will last a lifetime. The one Leon made for me was made out of steel girders more than leather :)

Red

leon-1

Well here we go again, the pouch is made in exactly the same way as the last, the only difference being the colour of the dye and the thread. The stitching has been done in white Tiger thread and the pouch has been dyed Saddle tan. Here are a few pictures of it with an F1 or two for scale.

ppf11rz3.jpg

ppf12zc5.jpg

ppf13se7.jpg

ppf14it4.jpg

As with the other pouch I am asking £55 which will include postage, packing (RMSD) and PayPal fees.

leon-1

Nothing shameless about that bump,worth every penny

Bernie

Thanks Bernie, I have a couple of new ones which I am making at the moment, one has a slightly different closure and the other is stitched with synthetic sinew, has not been dyed, it's just distressed with water and then oiled using mink oil, but they are work in progress.

It still takes about three days to make a pouch and before I am happy enough that it's ready to go out the door.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE