Possible Pouch Leon made for me

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi all

I just wanted to show what a great piece of work Leon has made of a possibles pouch for me. It is his design but to my size requirements, the colour is made by Leon mixing dyes, it is all hand made using natural products (linen thread) and the Cernunnos imprint is from a stamp I had made.

It was a self birthday present to myself being 50 and wanted a hand crafted artisan piece of work and I am thrilled with it. I know I should have had a go myself but I wanted a good finish.

The front
pouch1_zps33eff09d.jpg

The rear
pouch2_zps310fbef5.jpg

Side
pouch3_zps2a55f3e3.jpg

Thank you Leon goodjob

Yes, I know my belt is in its twilight years.
Ian

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
That made me smile - I remember discussing that all leather closure system with Leon some years ago - nice to see it still being used - its my favourite closure

Thanks guys,

I'm thrilled with it, I cannot thank or recommend Leon enough. It' great to have such a quality item and he has been so helpful, a true artisan.

I like the closure, I thought about a horn toggle first but this design is so simple but effective.

leon-1

First and foremost, I have to say a big thanks to Ian, for any maker it's a lot easier when the client just lets you get on with things, many thanks for being pretty much the perfect client. The build had a few problems and once I find the rest of the pouch I'll let you know Ian (an issue with the storm).

Very nice work you have from Leon.

Cheers
Topknot

Thanks Andy, I don't do quite so much leatherwork nowadays due to teaching.

That made me smile - I remember discussing that all leather closure system with Leon some years ago - nice to see it still being used - its my favourite closure

Good memory there Red, that would have to be well over three years ago :D I do a few closures types, this is my favourite, with the one that's based on this using a Sam Browne stud being my second favourite.

Nice bit of work there and congratulations on reaching the big 50 :D

Well brought out Steve.

Ian the belt is a nice one, it's not old or tired it has "Character". If you have any spots which are starting to stiffen I would saddle soap them just to give it a little more life.

Thanks to all for the compliments. :D

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Oh yes I have indeed - its almost too nice for me to use :). That original pouch of mine that I was worried would give up is still going strong too - I'm amazed but it just doesn't quit!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE