possible meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
(Also in Scottish corner)

Hi folks hope you are all keeping well.

Firstly a question .

Has anybody camped up at Aden park in Mintlaw Aberdeenshire ???. I live about 15 min away and have visited a few times but never camped there.

I was thinking if all goes well mabey something can be arranged in the way of a get together.

I am willing to have a go at sorting something out if theres enough interest and depending on the site etc.

I have already got in contact with the ranger service to see whats what

Any feedback would be appreciated

Thanks

Craig

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Oh nice idea :D
I haven't camped there but I've been through it a few times and it's a nice bit of the world :D

A fair few folks up that neck of the woods and though we keep talking about a meet in the NE for one reason or another it doesn't come off.
Go for it, if we can help, let us know ? :D
We can also provide contacts for other Ranger services who we've been in touch with and used their areas before, if the local Rangers would like any kind of assurances.

atb,
Toddy

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Thats great Toddy thanks. I am just waiting on a reply and I will let everyone know.

It really would be good to get something going up this part of the UK as I personnally cant make many of the meets due to distance.
Also would be great to meet folks from the forum

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Hi Ryan .

Update: One of the rangers got back to me saying if we wanted he could come along and show us a few things if we were interested and dates depending but he stated that we probably knew more than him.

As for the site we both are still waiting for the owners to get back in touch (after a few E mails and phone calls) I am hoping that they do soon. If they dont then I will see about another site.

Regards

Craig

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Well first of sorry that this has taken so long to come off.

The good news is we have been given permission to camp at aden park. I have to go down at some point with the guy in charge to pick a location that we can use.

What I do need to know now is how many people want to come and also we have to arrrange a date.

Other things i need to sort out is what type of fires we wish to use and if anything what crafts are we planning on doing there.

Any feedback would be most welcome

Thanks

Craig

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Oh well done :D

Might I suggest ?
How about you suss out some dates and see which one seems the best option ?
If folks know that, then you'll have some idea of who's coming along, and at that point you'll also get a fair idea of the kinds of things they're happy to do :)

It's kind of inevitable, put a few of us together and the conversation and show and tell will flow, but it's a good idea to have somethings that are 'going' to happen too :cool:

I'm interested :D Long way up, but folks from that far North come down, so why not ? :D

atb,
M

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Thanks Toddy:

I will be going down to the park on Saturday so if we can come to an agreement on dates by then it would be appreciated. Also if i can get a confirmation on who wants to come that would give me a better idea of space needed

The dates I have got are

Fri 9th - Sun 11th or Fri 16th - Sun 18th July.

If this is to close to the moot we can arrange for some time in August.

Thanks

Craig

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Update:

First off now I am going to meet with Mr Grant on Monday so that gives a few more days to get replys in.

Also he is going to take me to a wood 5 min away from the park which is out of bounds to the public and would mean more privacy for us.

I will take a few pics when I am down there

As this is the first time I have organized a meet I may not remember everything so
if anyone can think of anything I need to ask please let me know so I can get as much info as possible

Thanks

Craig

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
See how the locals feel, I'm away to the Moot so later dates would suit me best, but there'll be other jaunts :)

The questions I usually ask are:
Is there drinking water on site ?
What about toilet facilities or an area ?
Is there safe parking ?
Are we allowed open fires or would they prefer raised hearths?
Can we collect firewood or do they want us to bring it in ?
Are there any particular plants or animals that we mustn't disturb ?[
Ask for a postcode for the site, and for the local A & E, for folks who'll come with satnavs in their cars. Best be prepared rather than sorry.
Have a look for somewhere to hang a chute, or ask if we could cut dead standing for poles ? If there's a pine plantation nearby we'd just be thinning out three light starved skinny ones.

Sounds a lot, but it's not really, just common sense.

atb,
M

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Thanks Toddy , thinking about it now August would give a bit more time to prepare so If we could set it for either:

Fri 13- Sun 15th

Fri 20-Sun 22nd

Fri 27-Sun 29 August

thanks

Craig

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Just to say if I can get rough numbers thats fine. I know some people wont be able to decide until nearer the time but if anyone is interested let me know.

I will wait until Monday morning to see what everyone thinks about the dates Hopefully we can agree on something that suits all

thanks

craig

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
I'd be interested if you're looking for an idea of numbers - depends what else I've got on at the time so I'll leave date preferences to others.

Cheers,
A.

charleslockerbie

Jul 9, 2006
Aberdeen
Im very interested as i wont be going to the moot :(, im up for doing anything as this will be my first meet. Im able to get most dates off so im happy for it to be anytime.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE