Porqupine quils... ideas?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
Hi guys,

Seeking insperation,

A mate of mine went on a shooting safari to africa a few years ago and gave me a couple of porqupine (spelling?) Quills. I've recently unearthed them in a tidy and am now looking for ideas on what i could use them for, and am drawing a blank.

So i thought i'd seek the advice of the great hive mind.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Stephen

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
If you know a lady (or chap) with long hair and fancy giving your leather working skills a go you could turn them into the pins on hair barrettes.

il_570xN.192802813.jpg

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
some intersesting ideas there, thanks guys.

Mike/mr. punch, I've but two aside with the bits for floats a (semi) primative fishing kit tha'ts been one my to do list in various stages for a while.

Goatboy, I've made a few barrets before, but would worry that the quills might be a bit sharp, (I found them by stabbing my hand, cleverclogs that I am) all the same i've put one aside to cut in half for to barrets.

so that leaves me with 3 to come up with ideas for!

Ste

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
some intersesting ideas there, thanks guys.

Mike/mr. punch, I've but two aside with the bits for floats a (semi) primative fishing kit tha'ts been one my to do list in various stages for a while.

Goatboy, I've made a few barrets before, but would worry that the quills might be a bit sharp, (I found them by stabbing my hand, cleverclogs that I am) all the same i've put one aside to cut in half for to barrets.

so that leaves me with 3 to come up with ideas for!

Ste
They are sharp. There was talk a while back about how porcupine quills had been the inspiration behind a new type of hypodermic needle being produced.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE