PM failures

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I've noticed for a while that PM's seem to disappear when sent and fail to reach their intended recipient.

It's not just me as I've had PM's from people saying 'did you get the message I sent you the other day?'. I seem to loose one or two PM's a week and I'm not that a heavy user of the PM system.

There obviously seems to be a gremlin within the system that's grabbing PM's as they fly by and consigning them to the big dustbin in the sky.

Not sure what can be done about it but I thought I'd highlight it for admin to look into and see what might be going wrong.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
+1. I'm having PM's go awry too, its been happening for a few weeks now and I know others this is happening to.

Its got worse after switching to Chrome. The site runs better with no crashes of replies, but the Pm's are a real pain.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Same here :eek: :(

Its got worse after switching to Chrome...

Same here, but my settings are set to sent an email notification of PM receipt to me through AOL ~ and that's also being sidelined / going astray :dunno: .

If something's important I try to remember to stick a 'Request Receipt' on it ;) .

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I definitely sent one pm to two recipients and they did not receive it, that was two weeks ago, apart from that What a great forum we have.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I've pm'd mary (Toddy) a couple of times, so I think it isn't working...

(need to ask you about the 9th, Holyrood, if you see this)

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
i thought people just didnt like me and were ignoring me,...

that may still be the case,...but a little hope that it may be a glitch makes me feel better about it ,..

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I have had a blank pm arrive this week, dont know if it is the same issue as the one raised here

By blank do you mean you know who sent it but the body of text failed or that you received a PM with no sender, title or body of text?

As an aside ... It might help those who are in a position to look into this if we included which OS's / ISP's / browser's we've been using :D .

Running Win XP ~ mainly Google Chrome, occasionally AOL through I.E (which ever I.E is the last one before you need to move up to Win 7 to run). PM notifications go through AOL.

Sep 21, 2008
Dartmoor
I think it's the security services stealing pms for random checks on subversive elements.

Well, I don't actually think that, but everyone loves a conspiracy theory :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE