Photo Galleries

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Really like the photo galleries. Top stuff.

Only (slight) gripe - I found it hard to navigate back to the forums - I expect it's undergoing changes though.

Like it. :eek:

match

Settler
Sep 29, 2004
Edinburgh
Nice work! I really like the division of photos by subject - makes it a lot easier to find the ones you want to look at!

Many thanks once again!

match

Settler
Sep 29, 2004
Edinburgh
Is posting to the gallery still limited to paid-up members? If so, then I better get round to joining - if not then I'm getting errors posting pics:

jpgtran error:

jpgtran none /home/tbristow/....

(Looks like the jpgtran command isn't getting passed the file to be uploaded...)

mark a.

Settler
Jul 25, 2005
Surrey
leon-1 said:
Mark just click on one of the photos at the top of the main page and that will take you into the gallery, the only way out as far as I can see at the moment is to click on new posts.

Hope this helps
:)

Ah, thanks. Why doesn't clicking the "Gallery" tab do anything? (Why don't any of them do anything?)

The photos up now are looking great - they could be a fantastic resource. Cheers Tony.

leon-1

mark a. said:
Ah, thanks. Why doesn't clicking the "Gallery" tab do anything? (Why don't any of them do anything?)

The photos up now are looking great - they could be a fantastic resource. Cheers Tony.

Tony is currently linking the buttons into the site, so for the minute they are not running, but they will be. :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Ok, by the end of today navigation back to the forum should be all sorted, there's still quite a bit of tweaking to do but it's mostly background stuff.

Everyone should be able to post in the gallery, supporting members have 2000kb of space and other members have 500kb of space.

Gotta get on, I'll update you more later and I'll have a look at that error. :D

Just to add....The top buttons will work as I get the sections up live, other than that they'll not ;)

mark a.

Settler
Jul 25, 2005
Surrey
Thanks again chaps - sorry for being a thicko (I'm sure all of that was common knowledge).

As I said, the gallery's looking great. :cool:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
redcollective said:
Just out of interest Tony, how big is bushcraft uk server space-wise.

I've got two 40gb drives, although one's used for backups etc. BCUK's on a dedicated machine, we were hitting the limits on our old hosting so I had to make the big jump :eek:

Daniel said:
Sorry if it me not seeing it, but I can't see how to upload a picture... .

No worries :D You should find it in the Gallery on the right hand side, it says UPLOAD PHOTO or something like that. ;)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
This is more for those that put up pictures in the old Gallery that we had.

I've still got most of them in a folder and I can put them up. What I might do when I've got time is start putting them up and if you recognise them as yours let me know and I'll transfer ownership of them. I'm not sure when it will happen or how long it will take (there were about 800 photos in the old Gallery)

Hopefully, over time we'll recover a lot of the photos that we had before.

Thanks Guys and Girls ;)

Daniel

Nomad
Apr 20, 2005
Berkshire
Tony said:
No worries :D You should find it in the Gallery on the right hand side, it says UPLOAD PHOTO or something like that. ;)

Sorry, can't see anything like that... Am I not looking right? I've looked in the 'Home' view, Member Galleries part, My Photo's part... :eek:

Dan

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Yup, i can't find an option to upload piccies either. :)

Looks very good though.

Nice one.

By the way, what is the difference between a normal member and a supporting one? And how do you become one or the other?

Daniel

Nomad
Apr 20, 2005
Berkshire
beach bum said:
I expect all will come right in the end ;)

regards

beach bum ( Non IT person )

Indeed I'm sure it will!!!

Really liking the gallery by the way!!!! :D

Dan (IT person, but not actually sure how I managed to get a job in it... :rolleyes: )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE