Peanut Lighter ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Hi, Anyone know of a place where I could buy a ''BLACK'' Peanut lighter, if not what do you think I could use, to paint/spray or varnish it black. As I've tried to use all sorts of things to do it.
cheer's

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You need to de-grease it thoroughly with something like thinners. Then spray paint it with stove paint. Something like Stovebright or Rust-Oleum.

It's an expensive way to do up a peanut lighter that can be bought for a quid though.

We had paint left over, so just used that, my friend used nail polish on the bottom of hers so that she could tell which screw capsule was which on her keychain, but she said she wasn't risking doing the whole thing with that.

Bound to be some other clever way to do it though.

M

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
If you get a stainless steel one then hot blue it to a gunmetal colour. If it’s aluminium it could be anodised black. Both are fairly permanent and have a nice finish. Lots of vids on YouTube.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
to be honest l think I'll just get afew mini Bic lighter's in Black and make a Kydex Pouch/Sheath for it.
cheer's

Better option I reckon, the peanuts are a bit fiddly. Handy for occasional back up on a key ring and fun little things, but very prone to blowing out in even a slight breeze, then you’re back to trying to flick the tiny flint wheel again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE