Packlist: 8,5 kg (including food) - 7 days solo alpine running (sleeping out)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Racing Backpack 25 liters
Sleeping bag - WM Ultralite
Mat - Exped UL Down 7
Bivvy - Rab Alpine SL
Tarp - UL
Silnylon poncho - Go-lite
Hammock - UL
Shell rain jacket - KIMM paclite
Downvest - Helium
Fleece Hat
Gloves - leather
Sleep Socks - wool
FA Kit - small but very complete
Trangia burner (burner only)
Pot Cozy - made from car windscreen foam
Bush hobo nano
String for hammock / tarp etc - 2mm reepschnur
Titanium pot
Rain pants - UL
Camelback - 2l normally 1 --> 1,5l
Umbrella - UL
Pocket knife - victorinox
Compass - mini
Toothbrush - mino
Spoon
Repair kit - mini
Silver mat - cut from car windscreen foam
Dry bags - 2 small UL
Food - 600-750gr per day
Fuel 400ml in plastic bottle
Head lamp - Petzl Tikka plus
Emergency fire lighters
Lighters 2
All dry stuff in large garbage bag

On me
Shoes
Socks I wore
Base layer
Poly shirt
Iphone
Map
Sunglasses
Bandana
Trousers I was wearing
Lighter mini
Whistle
Mini tripod & camera
Baselayer
Underwear
Small victorinox knife
Trekking poles

Hey!

I am just uploading a quick segment of my long movie about this trip that just talks about the clothing strategy... there you see some of it...

10507003_10203638503877244_3918518116798423303_o.jpg

I had a little net pouch on the outside for the wet tarp...
10347643_10203638528717865_3915455812930696741_n.jpg

10549225_10203638631960446_8003735007359902549_o.jpg

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
That is rather impressive. I assume you didn't carry all 7 days food in this 8.5kg? Why did you take a poncho and a tarp?

What's in your first aid kit?

Julia

That is rather impressive. I assume you didn't carry all 7 days food in this 8.5kg? Why did you take a poncho and a tarp?

What's in your first aid kit?

Julia

Hey, I had 3,5 days and a re-supply after day 3. I do 650-750grams of food a day usually including the spackle...

I took a poncho and a tarp because I need both to have a really hammer-proof storm-proof shelter if we do get a blizzard high up.

First Aid Kit:
Small cut kit - Band-aids, crazy glue, duct tape
Trauma kit - tourniquet
Blister kit - compeed, crazy glue, duct tape
Burn kit - burnshield
Drugs - water-pur, pain drugs, antihistamines (!!!), anti-diarrhea, bai-yao
Tick-remover
That sort of stuff...

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Hey, I had 3,5 days and a re-supply after day 3. I do 650-750grams of food a day usually including the spackle...

That spackle stuff sounds like an impressive calorie source. How many calories do you get in that weight?

I took a poncho and a tarp because I need both to have a really hammer-proof storm-proof shelter if we do get a blizzard high up.

Interesting. Do you have a specific design of storm proof shelter based on the tarp+poncho setup? Or would it be a case of improvising when the situation happens?

First Aid Kit:
Small cut kit - Band-aids, crazy glue, duct tape
Trauma kit - tourniquet
Blister kit - compeed, crazy glue, duct tape
Burn kit - burnshield
Drugs - water-pur, pain drugs, antihistamines (!!!), anti-diarrhea, bai-yao
Tick-remover
That sort of stuff...

Funky stuff. Did you carry any form of emergency comms?

Hope my questions are ok. The idea of light and fast trips like this really appeal, It's gonna take me a while to get my kit down, and fitness up, but one day... one day...

Julia

That spackle stuff sounds like an impressive calorie source. How many calories do you get in that weight?

Interesting. Do you have a specific design of storm proof shelter based on the tarp+poncho setup? Or would it be a case of improvising when the situation happens?

Funky stuff. Did you carry any form of emergency comms?

Hope my questions are ok. The idea of light and fast trips like this really appeal, It's gonna take me a while to get my kit down, and fitness up, but one day... one day...

Julia

Hey,

Awesome questions - I love it.

Spackle gives about 6-7 calories per gram. Brilliant stuff. And tasty. Really appetizing..

Shelter - It's a very specific shelter set-up. Tested. Bombproof. Reliable. I have some stuff about it in the second part of the long video about the trip.

The segment about the shelter starts at 29 mins.

[video=youtube_share;vQ7k7IKl52s]http://youtu.be/vQ7k7IKl52s?t=28m52s[/video]

Emergency comms - Oop yes, should be on the list. Delorme InReach. Essential and awesome.

Last edited:
Julia - Go for it.

Or come and visit me in the Alps and I will take you on a trip like this and you will see how easy and comfortable it can really be.

Just get yourself to Munich Airport with a pair of trail running shoes that really fit you well, and I will take care of the rest.

I'm serious.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Julia - Go for it.

Or come and visit me in the Alps and I will take you on a trip like this and you will see how easy and comfortable it can really be.

Just get yourself to Munich Airport with a pair of trail running shoes that really fit you well, and I will take care of the rest.

I'm serious.

Do it.....do it.....do it.....do it......do it....do it.....Do it.....do it.....do it.....do it......do it....do it :)

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Awesome questions - I love it.

Shelter - It's a very specific shelter set-up. Tested. Bombproof. Reliable. I have some stuff about it in the second part of the long video about the trip.

Ah, watching it again, I can see how it works. The first time I watched it I thought it was a single poncho for the whole shelter. Now I see it's a tarp and Poncho to get the shelter. I've been trying to work out how to replicate it with my single tarp for a couple of days now, and couldn't get my head round it. This would be why... It all makes sense now.

How much spackle per day do you budget upon?

Emergency comms - Oop yes, should be on the list. Delorme InReach. Essential and awesome.

Would it be ok if I emailed you about the inReach?

Thanks

Julia

Ah, watching it again, I can see how it works. The first time I watched it I thought it was a single poncho for the whole shelter. Now I see it's a tarp and Poncho to get the shelter. I've been trying to work out how to replicate it with my single tarp for a couple of days now, and couldn't get my head round it. This would be why... It all makes sense now.

Cool

How much spackle per day do you budget upon?

400grams for 7 days.

Would it be ok if I emailed you about the inReach?

Of course. PM here is great. Or do you prefer email?

Cheers

Susanne

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE