or trade: A neat little Meths Cookset

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MertzMan

Settler
Apr 25, 2012
Cambs and Lincs
So I'm still putting the cash together for a Pathfinder cookset so I'm on orders to loose some kit before I gain anymore :eek:

Here is my Meths cookset with spring steel handle and fry pan/lid. Seal is in good order and burns nicely. Only negative is I dropped a mora tip first onto the fry pan leading to a 3mm dent. Nothing major but mentioned as my camera won't pick that out, seems only fair.

2014-08-31 17.42.46.jpg2014-08-31 17.42.17.jpg2014-08-31 17.41.41.jpg2014-08-31 17.41.00.jpg2014-08-31 17.40.35.jpg2014-08-31 17.43.01.jpg

Not really sure what it's worth so if I've misjudged it please do PM me a reasonable price. Shall we say £12 delivered? Open to trades also...

Haggis

Nomad
I have one of these, it's a delightful cook set. It weighs maybe 11 or 12 ounces, and yet is large enough for one or two people; three in a pinch. Recently, when camping with my Good Son and his nearly grown son, I made pancakes enough for the three of us. At one point I ran out of fuel about the same time I ran out of pancake batter, and by the time the batter was ready, the spirit burner was cool enough to refuel. This cook set is now a permanent feature of my summer day pack, but if I needed to shave weight off a larger pack for an extended stay, I wouldn't hesitate to replace a larger cook set with this mini set.

MertzMan

Settler
Apr 25, 2012
Cambs and Lincs
I have one of these, it's a delightful cook set. It weighs maybe 11 or 12 ounces, and yet is large enough for one or two people; three in a pinch. Recently, when camping with my Good Son and his nearly grown son, I made pancakes enough for the three of us. At one point I ran out of fuel about the same time I ran out of pancake batter, and by the time the batter was ready, the spirit burner was cool enough to refuel. This cook set is now a permanent feature of my summer day pack, but if I needed to shave weight off a larger pack for an extended stay, I wouldn't hesitate to replace a larger cook set with this mini set.
Great story. Thanks for sharing that :) We've all got stories with certain bits of kit...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE