One of my latest wet formed leather pouches...............

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
One of my latest wet formed (moulded) leather pouches I thought I'd share.

And here is a photo of the block I use and another moulded pouch front ready for trimming.

It's moulded from 3mm thick Veg tanned leather, soaked in warm water and then carefully shaped around the block. I used to pin these to the block but these days I have a shaped strip of leather I clamp it in place with and leave to dry for a few days.

Cheers, Rich

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
that's a true thing of beauty there mate :) I've only done a little wet forming here and there, mainly because I dont have the tools and time to make the forms at the moment which is a pain! Though I did make a small one from an old plastic chopping board using a dremel. works nicely for wet forming small pockets and the like but that's it for now

andyxedos

Nomad
Jul 2, 2011
newport
i'd just like to say a big thankyou to Rich for making the pouch for me-i somehow missed this thread originally!
The workmanship is amazing both the stitching nd the quality of the leather used-i wanted something similar to a woordlore pouch but more unique and this has fitted the bill exactly. I have only used it a few times but i'm sure its going to last for years!

Thanks again mate!
Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE