OMG Check this out!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 12, 2014
middle earth
Take a look at what I found in the forest today......

f36a89fb607608cb2bd5a01e4eda4e90.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Apr 12, 2014
middle earth
I'm planning on mounting the beast. But I have no idea on how to. Google will be my friend. By counting the tines, it's a 14 pointer, but I may be wrong?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
May be an obvious question: but where is the rest of it?

It'll be in a freezer or long digested by now. The heads are often left for nature to clean up, and then forgotten about. I found a huge Fallow skull and antlers a few years ago in the middle of a bramble thicket I was clearing.

More disturbing was picking my way through thick scrub to find a small, dark clearing with dozens of skulls threaded on bailer twine. That was macabre. It was midsummer and it took me a while to take in the stink and the buzz of thousands of flies. Fair freaked me out.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Grrr. I once left a couple of heads in a deserted spot where nobody should have been, for nature to pick clean, for my later use and somebody lifted them. I had tied them to a tree to make sure no animal carried them off too.

Was extremely hacked off. Was my first Fallow too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
It'll be in a freezer or long digested by now. The heads are often left for nature to clean up, and then forgotten about. I found a huge Fallow skull and antlers a few years ago in the middle of a bramble thicket I was clearing.

More disturbing was picking my way through thick scrub to find a small, dark clearing with dozens of skulls threaded on bailer twine. That was macabre. It was midsummer and it took me a while to take in the stink and the buzz of thousands of flies. Fair freaked me out.

That would have been an old gibbet line. We used to do it when i was keepering

Grrr. I once left a couple of heads in a deserted spot where nobody should have been, for nature to pick clean, for my later use and somebody lifted them. I had tied them to a tree to make sure no animal carried them off too.

Was extremely hacked off. Was my first Fallow too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was my thought too: its a common enough practice (though more often left up trees than at ground level) and I'd be surprised if someone just left such a fine trophy head without intending to reclaim it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE