Old man walking

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Giantwalks

Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth
www.justgiving.com
Hi guys.

I´m Michael, a hiker from germany. I´m hiking arround the world, through each and every country, mostly apart the civilisation. I started in january 2014 and walked through Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Belgium, Germany, Danmark, Sweden and Norway. The next step will be Great Britain where I will arrive winter 2016/spring 2017.
Since I was 6 years old ( 37 years ago :-( ) I was very interested in staying in the nature, the fields and forrests surrounding me. Survival and Bushcraft was my hobby. Later in the armed forces I became a teacher for suvival-techniques. After the service in the army I did the same for members of RedCross-Teams for their time in foreing countries.

I really like hiking. Meeting amazing people. Learning from them. Teaching them. Sharing experiences, successes and fails. (especialy of the last I have a lot :))
I think, the United Kingdom will be a very special part of my journey. The nature and landscapes of course. The culture. The nation. And of course the bushcraft-skills, because I think, bushcraft was founded by Britains. You have the very best trainers as Ray Mears and John Wiseman and so many other guys, I hope I can learn alot.

Michael

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Hi and welcome, sounds like you're on an epic journey, have you a blog about it ? any timescale or just winging it, how do you finance such a trip, not prying into your financial status, just wondering how you budget, per week, month, country etc ?

Thanks

Giantwalks

Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth
www.justgiving.com
Hi and welcome, sounds like you're on an epic journey, have you a blog about it ? any timescale or just winging it, how do you finance such a trip, not prying into your financial status, just wondering how you budget, per week, month, country etc ?

Thanks

Thanks. Yes, it is really an adventure. A lot of successes. Fails as well. A blog and a facebook-page I will generate soon. I never had such things because I thought no one could be interested. But after my first reports in german/swedisch/norwegian tv and newspapers I realized that many people are interested in such things. With tv-spots, advertising for outdoor-equipment-producers I earn some money. Or I work from time to time as a gardener or climbing arborist. The budget is very different in particular countries. Germany was very expensive, Sweden very cheap.
Forgive me the bad english. After a brainbleeding it needs some refreshing :)

Giantwalks

Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth
www.justgiving.com
If you find yourself in West Sussex needing a bath and a hot meal, drop me a PM.

Ohhh, a bath? Of course I will write you if I can have a bath. I hope your tub is long enough. I´m 2.07 meters tall. But I´m foldable:)
In Great Britain I will arrive in Dover. From there I will walk to Maidstone to visit The Britisch Red Cross which I will support during my trip around Great Britain. West Sussex is exact on my way clockwise around GB. And for a hot bath I would do alot. Maybe your garden needs some maintenance :)

Giantwalks

Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth
www.justgiving.com

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Ohhh, a bath? Of course I will write you if I can have a bath. I hope your tub is long enough. I´m 2.07 meters tall. But I´m foldable:)
In Great Britain I will arrive in Dover. From there I will walk to Maidstone to visit The Britisch Red Cross which I will support during my trip around Great Britain. West Sussex is exact on my way clockwise around GB. And for a hot bath I would do alot. Maybe your garden needs some maintenance :)

Hmm, maybe the shower then :D

Whatever, the offer of either is there. :)

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Are you comming to Cornwall? You can stay with me.

(No bath, only showers...)

(How dare you say 43 is old!)

Giantwalks

Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth
www.justgiving.com
Wow, the second shower in Great Britain. It will be a very nice trip;-) Of course I will come to Cornwall. Btw, that´s something very special in Great Britain. There are so many nice places and landscapes in your country. It´s allmost impossible to visit all. But Cornwall is a "must have" although I don´t want to hop from highlight to highlight. I´m just walking around the country with some detours to the innerland.

Thanks a lot. I would like to try your shower as well as in East Sussex :)

Giantwalks

Jul 26, 2016
Planet Earth
www.justgiving.com
And Cornwall is of the finest.

I think so too. Especially out of the view of a gardener and arborist Cornwall is very interesting. But I think that will become a problem. If you are a gardener and you visit Great Britain it will be very special everywhere in GB because in Britain gardening was founded. You have defenitely the most beautyful gardens and parks around the world.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE