Old fleeces.. ideas?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
So here is a chance to get creative. I have a few old fleece jumpers that I can't give to charity shops as they are well used and have spark holes in various places on the front.
Being on a plastic reduction drive I don't want to just throw them in the bin and add to landfill. So I'm looking for ideas on reuse. I've made a camp pillow with the back of one and I'm saving scraps to make patchwork.
What useful things can i make.. I'm not into soft toys but I guess that's one idea I've had. Any more? They don't nessasarly have to be bushcraft related.

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
Wifey made this from the kids old fleece things. The backing is a hessian sack.
IMG_20190309_181815.jpg
I think it had only been finished for five minutes before the dog adopted it!

It is full of memories. For instance, the greyish blue bits top left were from hoodies I bought for a pound each from Woolworths closing sale.

Z

Last edited:
Reactions: Woody girl

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
If you cut it, does the cut ends release a lot of fibers?
In no, then you can cut into strips, sew together to longer strips and weave a carpet.

Google ‘trasmatta’, go to Images, and you will find pics of trad Swedish cloth recycling carpets.
Superb in a hallway, kitchen and so on.

Reactions: MrEd

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
my wife just made me a fantastic hat using a MASSIVE crochet hook and 4 different coloured strands of arran wool. Its pretty much like a dachstein mitt in its density. The wool gives a sort of tweed effect because its entirely random which order the strands go in each stitch. ....It was based on a design for a storage basket. BUT any way, the same principle can be used for strips of cloth such as t shirts, I am sure strips of fleece could work just as well and that a mix of colour fleece strips could be equally effective

Reactions: Woody girl

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE