Ok, so how do I post pics ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gyro

Oct 20, 2008
Norfolk
I only joined a couple of days ago, so am I not allowed to post any pictures at the moment ?

If so, what is the criteria to change this ?

Cheers,
G

Mr Adoby

Forager
Sep 6, 2008
The woods, Småland, Sweden
You can upload your images to some picture-site. And link to them from there. That's how I do it. I use http://upload.snelhest.org/. Simple. Very rudimentary functions. Good for the odd picture, but not any smart functions to edit or resize or albums or searches.

Use the browse-button and upload a picture: ("Bläddra" means "browse")
081022snelhest.gif

Then just copy the BBCode for forums and paste it into your message.
081022snelhest2.gif

A.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
i will need to get my head round this as well; it,s a disgrace i hav,nt yet ! i have had an ipod for a good few months now and could not even download tunes from itunes until a friend actually came in and showed me . although i can do this easily now i dont think it is straightforward for the beginner ,same as these image hosts ,frustratin or what

Gyro

Oct 20, 2008
Norfolk
I don't have any options to attach pics, just all them smilies that annoy me ... !

Is it because I'm new here ?

And how long does it take until I'm allowed to add photos ?

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Ah ok. I've seen this before recently. Go to User CP near the top left of the page, click Edit Options and then scroll to the bottom of that page. In the Miscellaneous Options box I think the Message Editor Interface will be set to basic and if you set it to standard, you will get the extra buttons.

Mr Adoby

Forager
Sep 6, 2008
The woods, Småland, Sweden
Ah ok. I've seen this before recently. Go to User CP near the top left of the page, click Edit Options and then scroll to the bottom of that page. In the Miscellaneous Options box I think the Message Editor Interface will be set to basic and if you set it to standard, you will get the extra buttons.

But you still can't upload pics to the Bushcraft forum? You still have to insert an external link?

A.

CAL

Forager
May 16, 2008
Barnsley (in Gods Own County)

Thanks for that, I was going to raise a simila rpost myself. I have been struggling with the same problem and have fixed it with your advice.

ForgeCorvus

Nomad
Oct 27, 2007
norfolk
Slightly off topic, but were do you shoot Gyro?
I havn't seen you around at any of the competitions I've been at (like the County Clout a few weeks back).....I never forget a stick :D

Gyro

Oct 20, 2008
Norfolk
I'm in Norfolk, and have only shot (past tense at present, unfortunately) at my local archery club in Cromer. As of yet, I've not entered any competitions. Thinking about popping down to the Oyster fayre at Colchester next year though, and would love to do a clout shoot one time, but I don't know anywhere locally that does it. I think I remember seeing that the Fakenham club did something like that ... ?

I'm somewhat 'out of the loop' at present ......

ForgeCorvus

Nomad
Oct 27, 2007
norfolk
I'm Kings Lynn
The County Clout was at Fakenham race track on the 12th........I came 3rd in gents longbow

Fakenham do a four discipline shoot at Easter. Thats target, field, clout and Popingjay (now that really is a weird one :D )

If you're looking for a club to shoot with PM me and I'll find you some details

Gyro

Oct 20, 2008
Norfolk
Do I need to be in a club to enter the clout comp ?

My club in Cromer is fine; it's just finding the time that's the problem .. !

(Although, they're mainly 'modern' rather than traditional. For a while, I was the only one with a lngbow..)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE