OH NO! I've just seen the frost river website.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andrewgale

Apr 14, 2013
Treherbert
Well I've been eyeing up the fjallraven vintage pack for the last few weeks. Today is pay day, I was just about to hit the buy it now button and I saw the frost river bushcraft pack. It's more than double the price, but I need it.
Does anyone here have any frost river gear? How do you get on with it?
That's at least another month or 2 saving and another lie to the mrs about how much something cost.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Frost River has a great rep - I have one of their canoe packs as my main "Big Bag" I am not sure which model it is ..."Timber Cruiser" I think...
Utterly bomb proof, huge capacity, very comfortable, utterly dependable.
Just to wind you up - I also have a Duluth "Wanderer" as a day pack... you need to check out their site as well :)

Andrewgale

Apr 14, 2013
Treherbert
I've got the jumbo versipack. I got it to use as a nappy bag when our youngest came along. I do like it, but the frost river stuff and now the Duluth (thanks for that John) look lovely. I think the maxpedition stuff is a bit tactical looking now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I've got the jumbo versipack. I got it to use as a nappy bag when our youngest came along. I do like it, but the frost river stuff and now the Duluth (thanks for that John) look lovely. I think the maxpedition stuff is a bit tactical looking now.

Canvas and leather rule! :)

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
I caught the Maxpedition bug bad last couple of years. I now have the Lunada as a Bimble bag which carries my Fatty organiser, the Kodiak as a non bushcraft overnight bag with a Janus pouch on the strap to hold passports. I even got the Tactical Toiletry bag!

Still dying up a bottle pouch and contemplating a first aid kit upgrade.

Like quite a lot of the retro stuff and am similarly mad about some of Wynnchesters products but have hard won experience of leather pack straps which I will never get over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...I caught the Maxpedition bug bad last couple of years..."

As have I.

The problem with the Frost River stuff is that is that it is just too dammed gorgeous, one ends up becoming too attached to ones gear. :)

Maxpedition products are just differently shaped nylon bags, very well made bags mind you, but I wouldn't be so troubled if one was lost or damaged beyond repair.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
I have the odd bit of frost river, prefer them over the Duluth Pack stuff, IMO build quality and materials used are better

20150128_140024_zpstfjp76cd.jpg

Born for this kind of thing

PA160027_2.jpg

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Frost River make great hard use packs. I use their Grand Marais bag as a bimble bag. Big enough to carry what I want and hangs nicely over one shoulder.
Once we get the house sorted there's a few pieces I like the look of.

FR Grand Marais mail bag.
DSC_0001_zpsd36a6fd6.jpg

However be warned once you buy one...one is not enough.

Andrewgale

Apr 14, 2013
Treherbert
Looks like I'll be trying to get some overtime in then. Chainsaw, if I had all those bags, my wife would go metal.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE