Off target by 300 years....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
I saw this on the BBC website today......
" Newly discovered documents have revealed the Pilgrim Fathers settled in Boston in Lincolnshire for several months before they escaped England.

It was previously thought the group only assembled in the town shortly before attempting to leave for the Netherlands in 1907. "

A simple error but amusingly at the bottom of the page was a little plea from Auntie Beeb that now regularly appears ...." Why you can trust BBC news".....:D :D

* And not 3 minutes later, the Snowflake Rescue squad has informed the BBC and saved their blushes....

Last edited:

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I spend a lot of time in Plymouth, the city that celebrates Brutalist architecture, these days.

I dont see the point. We are well ridded of these puritan fanatics these days...good riddance to them.

And why are we putting a real genuine sexual offender on the £50 note?

(I am the only wight who uses the things; why wasnt I consulted as to the design?)

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
We can not see and judge the past with todays thinking and values.

The Puritans had to leave England because they broke the laws at that time. They chose to leave The Netherlands because they feared that the liberal ideas there would influence their group into liberal thinking.

As so many religious fundamentalists and fanatics, they settled in the Americas.
If BBC writes 300 years, they are off by a Century.

Last edited:

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
why are we putting a real genuine sexual offender on the £50 note?

You mean Alan Turing? The man who helped win the second world war, hugely influential in modern day computers and was persecuted to the point of suicide for being homosexual and the government recently apologised for their treatment of?
Wow, tough crowd in here tonight eh?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE