Off Grid and Free Youtube video

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

inthewilderness

Tenderfoot
Feb 6, 2013
Canada
Hi Forum. I've been pretty focused the last couple of months making another video. I'm extremely pleased with the images and music and would really welcome your feedback.

The underlying theme to the efforts I've made over the last several years of my life, (book, videos, forums), is that it's OK to take a non-traditional path through life. Whether it be homesteading or a life long trip you desire, life is short... go for it.

It's my hope people are inspired enough to at least consider trying something new. If nothing else, I truly hope you find the video entertaining. Thanks in advance. Ron

[video=youtube;6DgNHm9_h9M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DgNHm9_h9M&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Cool stuff Ron thanks for sharing, just subbed your channel and ticked the like button

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Entertaining indeed Ron! It's a terrific video of an awful lot of very hard work that results in what a great many people can only dream about. Hats off to you and Johanna for achieving your goal. Sitting in that boat out on the lake watching the forest around your home burn must have been good fun I'll wager..
wink-3.gif

I don't don't know who said it or where I read it, but the quote..
" The distance between your dreams and reality is called action"
seems to fit.
respect-062.gif

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Wow Ron! Amazing location and hikes!!! Hats off to you and your lady!

And I can only guess that you have a guardian angel looking out for you , after seeing how close the 2002 fire came to your bit of heaven...

All I can say is well done ! And thanks for sharing... :)

inthewilderness

Tenderfoot
Feb 6, 2013
Canada
GGTBod, wicca, and Leshy... WOW, what a nice way to start the day. Your feedback means the world to me so thank you so much, I have about 300 hours on that video. An absurd amount of time. I'll just say things did not go smoothly. :) So it is gratifying that I kept at it and others enjoy the video. Thanks for the thumbs up!

Nice quote: " The distance between your dreams and reality is called action" That's ultimately what it's all about. Letting others see what can be done and that it's OK to take a non traditional route through life. Life is short. Go for the gusto.

I agree we had a guardian angel looking out the afternoon and night the 2002 fire came through. That was quite the ordeal and yet, as scary as it was, I wouldn't have missed it for the world. I saw some amazing fire. Sadly, I didn't have the presence of mind to bring a camera but it lives on in my memory. What's more amazing is one water pump stopped running shortly after I bailed out of here and yet there was enough moisture in the area that it deflected the fire away and it ran elsewhere. It gave me the chance to get back here and fight the hotspots in the early morning hours.

Thanks again for all the nice comments! Ron

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE