Not Happy Nettles

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Realbark

Aimless Wanderer
Jan 18, 2011
South Lincs UK
I have got two "saved" patches of nettles in my garden which i was going to try both nettle beer and tea from this week. Last night i said to the missus that i would be cuttting them shortly to which she replied "oh ive just sprayed them earlier with weedkiller as im going to do a bit of gardening tommorow"! *** springs to mind.....

There are loads locally so ill go out and get some but im not to happy.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Women eh?!
The answer is "go organic" - I did this and the wife is too blummin lazy to rip up all the nettles by hand, resulting in unpoisoned and big crop of nettles from the garden :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Oi! :eek: Women nothing.....men are a pain in the neck if let loose with a pair of pruners :rolleyes: and those wee blue pellets :sigh: to say nothing of a squirty bottle of spray on weedkiller :mad:

Sorry about your crop, mine's looking quite healthy :) I only get them left in peace if I do the gardening; just as well I'm happy being muddy.

You could try potting up a root in a growbag and making sure the missus knows that it's not to be killed ?

cheers,
Toddy

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
I have got two "saved" patches of nettles in my garden which i was going to try both nettle beer and tea from this week. Last night i said to the missus that i would be cuttting them shortly to which she replied "oh ive just sprayed them earlier with weedkiller as im going to do a bit of gardening tommorow"! *** springs to mind.....

There are loads locally so ill go out and get some but im not to happy.

Nettles are also a nursery plant for a few species of butterfly, if you're really peeved, accuse her of being " ecologically unfriendly"...then your'll see some real action.............you may need the head protection you have on your avatar!

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
Realbark,
Well at least you found out about the weed killer.....she could have kept quiet and let you brew up ......
I guess now all you have to worry about is a golf club round the head a la JonathonD's ladys plans (I always get nervous when my lady starts beating anything to death.....she reckons i'm a plant some times too)

Mojo

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You lot had me confused for a bit....our wee blue pellets are slug killers, we've never needed the ones you mention to achieve a satisfactory result :p

cheers,
M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I discovered a problem with the beer traps.....the squirrel's love them :rolleyes:
Damned things are nuts anyway, (see what I did there ? punny :) ) but half sloshed nuts is just madness.

M

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
You lot had me confused for a bit....our wee blue pellets are slug killers, we've never needed the ones you mention to achieve a satisfactory result :p

cheers,
M

Give one of those to a slug and it would never bend it's eye stalks again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE