Norwich Cathedral Peregrines: Webcam now live

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
I just checked on the Norwich camera and there is a feathery tail just in shot; it is sitting on the camera instead of obligingly sitting in the main picture :)

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
I just checked in and saw Mrs Peregrine sitting on the platform edge admiring the view whilst her egg was sitting forlornly unattended in the nest scrape.

Is that normal behaviour? I thought the whole point of incubation was to keep the egg warm?

UPDATE: She is back on the egg; I guess she needed a stretch :)

Last edited:

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
They had a bit of bother earlier in the season from another female trying to nick the nest whilst the mother was incubating.

Luckily she cleared off.

That pair have increased the falcon population of Norwich by about 600% in 3 years.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Awesome stuff thanks for the link - just added a screen grab of feeding to my earlier post - think its a bird (the brown thing between her talons)

I will waste a lot of time on this link :)

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
I'm one of the volunteers at the peregrine watch point in the cathedral grounds, we have plenty of scopes to use and webcam monitor. Pop along if your nearby.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
wonderful....thankyou for posting....i'll be checking in regularly....shame about the 3minute cutoff but understandable...i could happily have them on screen all day and would be happy to donate to make that possible (if it would be possible in future?) as i'm sure other bcukers would too....?

head constantly moving.....same routine....checking all the angles....wikid!

s

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
This is the third season I've been following them.

This time last year she was incubating in snow and still got all four chicks to fledge.

It is fascinating to see them isn't it :)

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
havnt stop clicking on refresh.....sorry if i'm nicking all the bandwidth guys! shes looking all cold and needs a cuddle awwwwwwwwwwwwwww

now getting my gauntlets, leather apron and american football helmet on....

s

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
The ones at Nottingham are being fed right NOW. 4 chicks being fed one unlucky mouse, I think.

CLICK HERE

Mum's (or Dad's) back at the nesting box feeding the chicks RIGHT NOW! see link to the Nottingham uni in my quote above. Fascinating stuff.

I'm seeing a definite runt to this litter, I ifnd myself talking to the monitor saying "Don't miss out the little one at the back!"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE