Norwegian army ruck modification question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

whipcracker

Mar 19, 2014
Cache Valley, UT
HO there all!

I have a Norwegian army bergen and am thinking of adding an extra pocket on the front for my fire and mess gear. I was thinking of adding a Yugoslavian army small ruck on the front attached to the main in the same manner as the side pouches. It would be sewn along the sides only so as to leave a sleeve so that the straps of the top flap the buckle together with bottom straps are under the new pouch. Does that make sense? I had hoped to someday find a Swedish LK70, but to no avail on this side of the pond and obtaining a Savotta 339 is some ways off.

One of these: http://www.swisslink.com/products/packs_bags/yugoslavian_small_canvas_backpack-16-2238/
on the front of one of these: http://www.militarymart.co.uk/index.php?_a=product&product_id=1397
(sorry I am not good at adding pictures)

Thanks Gents for your support.

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
Personally I wouldn`t.
I own and use this rucksack regularely.
If Your gear doesn`t fit in this ruck, buy a bigger one or get rid of some of Your kit.

The rucksack is "comfortable" With loads up to 10-12 kiloes, but will be a pain to carry even With slightly more load (you have probably already found this out).
The only thing I`ve added to mine is the 3 small Pockets from an ALICE pack.
sekk_lommer%20copy.jpg-for-web-large.jpg

If you insist of modding it I would suggest a Pocket similar to the side Pockets sewn in the middle of the ruck (between the lid straps). The Yugoslavian small rucksack looks to big to fit anway.

whipcracker

Mar 19, 2014
Cache Valley, UT
Personally I wouldn`t.
I own and use this rucksack regularely.
If Your gear doesn`t fit in this ruck, buy a bigger one or get rid of some of Your kit.

The rucksack is "comfortable" With loads up to 10-12 kiloes, but will be a pain to carry even With slightly more load (you have probably already found this out).
The only thing I`ve added to mine is the 3 small Pockets from an ALICE pack.
sekk_lommer%20copy.jpg-for-web-large.jpg

If you insist of modding it I would suggest a Pocket similar to the side Pockets sewn in the middle of the ruck (between the lid straps). The Yugoslavian small rucksack looks to big to fit anway.

That's one of the things I was thinking since covering the straps would be not as easy to access. I wasn't necessarily thinking of adding more stuff, just easier access those essentials when fully packed. Good idea with the ALICE addition.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE