North Downs Way, Kent - Section Hike

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
Hi all,

Was hoping you might be able to offer some advice on a hike that I'm planning along a section of the North Downs Way (probably going to do it next month). I'm basically planning on getting the train from my Home in Rochester, Kent to possibly Wye. I'm then looking to walk back to Rochester along the North Downs Way. The hike is approximately 35 miles and I'm aiming to cover that in 2-3 days.

I'd like to wild camp at convenient spots along the way. So basically, the advice I'm looking for is whether there is likely to be any good spots for camping and also what people typically do about water. I'm presuming I can take a couple of litres and top up as I go through towns/villages?

I'm a keen runner and keep myself pretty fit and reckon I might just be able to cover the distance in 2 days if I pushed myself. But, my love of camping means that I'd much prefer to stretch it out over 3 easier days purely because I'd like the second night under canvas!!

Your thoughts will be gratefully received

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
In retrospect, I'm now thinking of starting the hike at Canterbury as train connections are easier and I think it'll make for a pleasant route. Total distance will be more like 45miles which I still think is achievable in 2-3 days.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE