No-sew pouches

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
The fruits of today's labour. No-sew pouches. Take one old pair of cargo trousers that has an unrepairable hole. Cut carefully around all the pockets with the wife's fabric scissors. Result: two large popper - fastening pouches, two button fastening medium pouches, two small popper fastening pouches, and a very small open pouch. Oh, and a lot of leftover cotton fabric for making charcloth.
20161103_115813.jpg

andyluffs

Sep 29, 2016
Devon
I just did that on an old pair of surplus trousers, I also cut off the bottom 10" of the legs and ran a length of stitching across the bit I'd cut creating a couple of drawstring bags :)

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Old jeans, leg bottoms, stitch the cut end, great gear bags for stoves etc, recycling the possibities are endless, as they say!

Trotsky

I did similar using the knee pad pouch section from some old work trousers, used it to make what became my first aid kit. I did have to stitch a zip in the top though and and a short piece of re-purposed webbing on the back to take two ALICE clips so I could attach it to my belt etc. Inventiveness can lead to some great recycling.

Dec 6, 2013
N.E.Lincs.
One of my local charity shops 'saves' any old waxed jackets that in their opinion are not good enough for re-sale......these give really good ready made waxed pouches (generally bellowed) the sleeves can be adapted to make waterproof stuff sacks and there is a surprising amount of material left to use for other things, many will also save leather jackets/coats too and I have on several occasions been 'given' (donations usually made in return) old leather cowboy boots....they may not make pretty sheaths but they do make practical ones.

D.B.

Fallschirmwomble

Tenderfoot
May 11, 2009
Tennis Town
:rofl:

BRILLIANT!

As I type this, I'm WEARING my next new pair of pouches!

Frayed and patched too many times, I'm putting patches on patches. So bad, they're DIY indoor use only, these days. Ironically, only the pockets are still any good. I WILL sew, though. Fabric from elsewhere as belt loops - 10 minutes extra. Ideal for my hammock and poncho...

Thanks for that.
goodjob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE