No place for kids !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mandos

Nomad
Jan 23, 2013
Downham market
My daughter will be two and abit when the moot is on debating bringing her any advice do or dont i would like to go for the full time and this will be my first moot should i wait a few more years ? :confused:
Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Bush Moot is very family friendly.

I just wonder how much you will enjoy it with a littley that you will have to keep one eye on all the time? Fire, sharps, trips, potholes, communal loos etc.

At that age you can't expect them to stay entertained by anything long enough to do one of the sessions.

Depends on what you expect from it I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Our youngest has been going to the Moot since she was five months old. She will be eight this year and really looks forward to it every year.

"Two and a bit" will be challenging to keep her entertained, but you'd have to do that anyway whether you were at the Moot or not. If you & SWMBO take turns at child-care and going to workshops and plan in some trips out to local attractions - it could work well, depending on how much you can adapt your routine.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
We've had kids at the Moot at all ages from a month old and we've got 5 of them, 15 down to 5 years now so it's quite doable safely and enjoyably, it is just a case of defining what you want out of it, if you're going so that you personally can have the experience then keep it as you, if you're up for the family being somewhere different, not doing as much hands on stuff but enjoying a break and a great atmosphere then do that, especially if it's you an wife etc that can share the load.
Whatever you decide i'm sure you'll enjoy it :D

He he, I should have read Pete's comment above a bit better than I'd not have repeated most of it :D

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
My youngest was 2 @ last year's moot . It was a little awkward at times but we shared responsibility between us and he had a lot of fun . We had to take turns at the various courses . And we used wattle fencing to keep him away from anything dangerous yet the fire seamed second nature "big hot thing I'm keeping away"

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

JohnnyB

Jul 26, 2013
York
Just seen the post, thought I'd have me twopenneth. My son Max and I went to the Bushmoot for the first time together last year, although he is 13, so I don't have experiencer of taking a little one. However, it was great to see so many youngsters (including little ones like yours), running about enjoying the great outdoors and getting involved in the activities. Bushmoot is great for little ones as long as they are properly looked after and kept away from the sharp things and the hot things, and there were plenty of things they could join in with. In addition, the sand dunes are fun to play in and the beach down the road also looks excellent. You won't have chance to do as much as you would if you were without kids but I bet you'll have a cracking time if you take your daughter. The younger they start to enjoy stuff like this the better I say!

I will be recommending a mate of mine to bring his two under 5's with him this year.

JB

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE