"No Knife" Firesteel Set

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Well after some debate and a lot of hard thinking, I've decided to re-register as a maker. I won't be making a lot of stuff as my fingers are still stiffening but I need to shift what I do make, as well as finance materials and tools etc.

Anyway; Some of you will already have seen this thread:
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103726

If not, well you have now!:)

The idea is to make firesteel firelighting and bark tinder production as safe as possible, whether you're an "expert":bluThinki, beginner or even a child.

So here you go, 1st up a complete set, of carrier, custom handled "Ray Mears firestick" firesteel and one of my own design, large blade scrapers:
P2120003_zps852da5a0.jpg

Ash handles and leather thong loops with leather toggles, for extra security.
P2120001_zps868f8878.jpg

The carrier is made from 3.5mm veg tan, hand sewn, 70lb artificial sinew, hand dyed and finished.
The scraper is a smidge under 1mm thick, high carbon, tool steel, square edges, rounded point, it has no cutting edges whatsoever, so it's not a knife!

P2120004_zps1d6966ac.jpg

The belt loop will fit anything up to about 3" wide and the toggles can be tucked to the back, as above or the front, it's up to you.

The full set above is SOLD

Next;

A decorated carrier and scraper
P2120008_zpsd37ac5fb.jpg

same spec as the full set but without a firesteel, so you just fit your existing "Army" size steel in the sleeve.
The Ray Mears steel, the L.M.F. or any similar diameter steel will fit snugly and securely.

The carrier above comes with one of my scrapers, as well as an extra thong loop and toggle for your existing firesteel.
P2120014_zpsea579116.jpg

Either one of the above, L to R: Wenge, Ash ( now gone), Cherry or Zebrawood or an Ash one the same shape as the one with the top set offered.

price for the decorated carrier,spare thong and toggle for your firesteel and scraper combo is SOLD

Another decorated carrier, again comes complete with a scraper, either one from the three remaining above or again, an ash one, similar to the one in the first set offered.
with thong and toggle on the scraper and a spare thong and toggle for your own firesteel.
This one is brown, with a tooled design;
P2120010_zps3240331d.jpg

And also has the "mobile emergency number" '112' stamped on the back, just in case!
P2120011_zpsaec8fc88.jpg

£26.50 all in.

This one is all black, oil dyed and the steel sleeve is on the left. In my experience, the "handing", left or right does not really matter. It may to you of course.
again, includes a scraper of your choice,with the thong and toggle and a spare thong and toggle for own firesteel
Not the best photo, but the black is very black, with a deep shine.
P2120006_zps82aaa70d.jpg

P2120007_zps8fd7425e.jpg

£26.50 all in

I can also change the leather thongs and toggles for a reflective para cord and spring toggle if you prefer.

any questions, please ask

PM to secure

cheers

Steve

Last edited:

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
Hi Again, Nice to hear from you again too, I would like a Decorated Carrier, and an Ash Scraper,
Got your address from the last time OK
Do you accept Pay Pal , or would you prefer a cheque. All the same to me ! No hurry for this, will get it when it suits you.
Thanks for passing on the Link re Crusader Cup Lids, I dont think that was who I was aware of making them , but that will
be fine. I will get in touch and see if he is still doing them. Will look forward to hearing from you. Cheers for now Stuart.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE