Next generation Gossamer Gear Mariposa

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

darrenleroy

Nomad
Jul 15, 2007
London
http://gossamergear.com/packs/backpacks/mariposa-ultralight-backpack-all-bundle-568.html

I've always toyed with the idea of buying the Mariposa, mainly because it gets such great reviews from seasoned hikers. It seems to have tonnes of space with seven very useful external pockets. There is a new version of the sack now available. Link is above. I can't find any reviews of it yet though. I wonder if it's too new. Has anyone had any experience of it compared to the last version. Link is below:

http://gossamergear.com/packs/backpacks/mariposa-ultralight-backpack-all-bundle-dyneema.html

darrenleroy

Nomad
Jul 15, 2007
London

Received the following message from Gossamer Gear:

The new material is a 7th generation nylon material where as the old material was a 5th generation with a dyneema strip running through the fabric. The strip of dyneema is white in the older style pack, and stayed white because dyneema will not take dye. The 7th generation material is higher durability what is now a 100d fabric would have been rated ate a 300d material a few years back. The new material is heavy duty, but without the extra weight.

The hip belt is purchased separately, making the total cost 240.00. The Gossamer Gear website is set up this way so the user can choose to add the belt or not choose to add the belt. Each individual purchaser needs to be able to choose different sizes, since we are not all built with the same frame.

We went with a unisex harness because fortunately we have more woman customers than in the past. We have listened to our customers, and over time have implemented thoughts and concerns into the new designs.

Just now · Unlike · 1

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE