New shiny!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Indoorsout

Settler
Apr 29, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
Got myself a lovely new blade from the leather swap, a prototype Finnish Pukko by H. J. Merimaa. http://www.kolumbus.fi/harri.merimaa/

It arrived absolutely hairpoppingly sharp and after a quick test carving a spoon today I have to say it is superb. The Birch handle is a great shape and very comfortable

Pukko.gif

On one side the blade has "H. G. Merimaa Finland" and on the other "Prototype - Trugor" (possibly Trigor). Does anyone know any more about this maker or indeed this knife?

Sorry the photo is so naff, it's off my phone and sent via text to photobucket since Flickr didn't want to work today. (Old style phone lol) At least it gives you an idea :)

Now all I have to do is make a sheath worthy of it...

Indoorsout

Settler
Apr 29, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
I got mine as part of a trade so I can't really say what the price was. It's a great little user though, I'm currently making a wooden sheath base then I'll put the leather on, hopefully I'll get some better pics then.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Nice :D very nice :)
I really like these knives, comfortable to use, incredibly practical tools.
Thanks for sharing.

cheers,
M

Indoorsout

Settler
Apr 29, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
They sure are :) I love the feel in the hand. My other worker (currently in a box on the way to Oz) is also a short blade but it's a full tang with a three-finger handle. This feels ten times better in the hand and is just about perfect for me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE