New Ray Mears book

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
Just in case there is a gap in your Bushcraft library, Rays will have a new book out in April.

Bushcraft Survival
Hodder & Stoughton General; (Apr 2005); Pages: 256
ISBN:0340834803;
Format: hardback

Cheers,

Martin

P.s. This book can be purchased from the BCUK bookshop as mentioned by ADI in the post below.

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
Adi007 said:
Here it is in the BuskcraftUK Book Shop (in association with Amazon.co.uk! :eek:): )Bushcraft Survival :biggthump

OOPS !!! I knew you'd have your finger on the pulse :eek:):

As an aside, does BCUK get any money from Amazon for using the bookshop? If they do, then I will buy my books from there rather than elsewhere. Anything to help the site :biggthump

Martin

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
No sure about this one - fingers crossed its along the lines of his first book - but we shall see. I have it on pre-order from Amazon so will get it the day it comes out!! :super:

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
shinobi said:
OOPS !!! I knew you'd have your finger on the pulse :eek:):

As an aside, does BCUK get any money from Amazon for using the bookshop? If they do, then I will buy my books from there rather than elsewhere. Anything to help the site :biggthump

Martin
Yes, a small percentage of the sale price is passed on to bcUK while at the same time not costing the customer an extra penny.

Thanks for your support!

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
If you use the bcuk shop link to amazon the site will gat a percentage of your total spend so even if you are buying CDs or anything use the link from the bcuk shop to get to amazon. It's not just if you buy the featured books.

Bill

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
I would be interested to know how much of it is a rehash of his old stuff :roll: .

How many books do you need on Bushcraft ?? as a lot of them just go through the same stuff.

And I don't just mean the Ray Mears books, but once you have bought a few bushcraft books you are just reading about the same stuff.
Fire Lighting, Shelter Building, and such like stuff. :?:

whitebuffalo

Banned
Oct 28, 2004
Cornwall
bothyman said:
I would be interested to know how much of it is a rehash of his old stuff :roll: .

How many books do you need on Bushcraft ?? as a lot of them just go through the same stuff.

And I don't just mean the Ray Mears books, but once you have bought a few bushcraft books you are just reading about the same stuff.

I have to agree with you Bothyman, I have his first couple but I will be giving this one a miss as I think it will be as weak as the last one, more so if it is based on the abismal television series he just made.

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
bothyman said:

I'll be interested in finding out that too!

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Curiosity, mate. Curiosity. I read Mears's books because I find him to be an excellent read. He writes well. I like to read. If I learn one or two new things, that's just gravy.

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Hoodoo said:
Curiosity, mate. Curiosity. I read Mears's books because I find him to be an excellent read. He writes well. I like to read. If I learn one or two new things, that's just gravy.
I agree Hoodoo - one new idea as got to be worth the price - and even if there isn't anything new, repetition is the mother of success.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Adi007 said:
I agree Hoodoo - one new idea as got to be worth the price - and even if there isn't anything new, repetition is the mother of success.

Repetition is the mother of falling asleep- thats way we count sheep! (I'm a poet and I didnt know it)! :rolmao: Seriously though, you cant judge a book by its cover and if you have doubts about its content (reharsh old stuff or worthless new) then I would advise visiting the book shop and having a look before buying.

Amazon do offer a returns facility which is very good mind you thats why I use them - plus you get thirty days to 'decide' :wink:

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
steve a said:
Din't realise you could read that fast bigman :nana:

Read - why read - his books have pictures!!

I especially like the ones of the handsome blokes in the bull boats in the essential book!! :nana:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE