New crook knife bargain blade.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
I received a new blade for a crook knife in the post from Nic. (http://www.nicwestermann.co.uk/)
It was eagerly anticipated as it was a longer curve type blade in high carbon steel.
It was sharp enough on arrival to carve a bowl in a piece of green lime just by gripping the tang.
A log of curly lime was rescued from the wood pile and an instant handle was made and fitted in less than half an hour thanks to araldite rapid.
Photo0297.jpg
[/IMG]
Photo0299.jpg
[/IMG]
The pictures are poor but you can see the log the handle came from and the glued wedge.
I had to try it so straight to the lime.
Photo0304.jpg
[/IMG]
It sailed through like a knife through butter
Photo0305.jpg
[/IMG]
Its always a pleasure to buy something and think what good value it was! This was little more than a mora crook knife but is a huge leap in performance.
Nic informs me that his silversteel ones are even better. It is difficult to see how as this is a very good blade and exceptional value.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I have put a temporary handle on mine which has the
silver laminated blade. It arrived in a state of fierce sharpness
and extreme shininess! What more could I ask for?
Exceptional value and nic is a pleasure to deal with.
It cuts even hard dry wood with ease and leaves a very
clean smooth surface. I love it already.
Cheers , Simon

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
I saw Nic over the weekend at Woodfest Wales, and while chatting with him, counted up how many of his blades I have.... Nine of them! so he shows me his new twca cams.... Now its Ten.. Think I am addicted. Still it means the course students get a fantastic spoon knife to use to make their first spoons. :D :D

nic.

Forager
Mar 21, 2011
Mid Wales
yes, thats the one..... but in carbon steel, which isn't on his site.

Thanks for the praise Sean, Simon and Paul. The simpler Carbon steel versions won't be on the site for a while, takes me ages to get new stuff up. I have some at the workshop but you would need to speak to me directly about them as stocks are pretty low at present.
Thanks again, its really good to see what people have created.
Nic

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE