Neverwet Hydrophobic Spray on

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

udamiano

On a new journey
I seen something similar being developed by NASA, a few years back as a coating to spacesuits. I would certainly be interested to see a version that could be coated on membrane jackets, and would be very interested in how it wears.
It seems in its current form, it leaves a cloudy finish, although the developers are looking into a clear version in the future.
definitely one to watch.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Reminds me of the stuff I bought last week - Polymiraculous spray-on in an Unobtainium container...............£600 per litre. Got 2 cans, didn't work.....Caveat Emptor!.................atb mac

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
When do we get to see this stuff on sale? Have been watching videos and hearing about it for ages now. I also wonder what the environmental impact is, I gather it wears off eventually but does it break down or end up in our food and water. Would be great if it ticks all the boxes.

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
When do we get to see this stuff on sale? Have been watching videos and hearing about it for ages now. I also wonder what the environmental impact is, I gather it wears off eventually but does it break down or end up in our food and water. Would be great if it ticks all the boxes.

Soon I think. But they said they would have a commercial product ready in 2012?..... could be quite nasty stuff if ingested

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
You don't see them touching any of the items they sprayed. Bet it rubs off with the slightest contact.
Also, why are they wearing gloves in some of the clips?

MertzMan

Settler
Apr 25, 2012
Cambs and Lincs
I don't claim to be any kind of expert on these things but I can't help but wonder about the chemicals involved in this. If it rubs off so easily it can't be that great for the environment...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE