Need to get this off my chest

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Nice one lads, you'll like it

I've still not given mine much chance yet as I always seem to grab the Blackbird instead.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Oooh review when you get it please! looks like a rather nice hammock. could it be i've found a hammock that will let me sleep on my front?

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Love that site. So much good stuff & clever ideas. I may have to get me one of those hammocks, so would be interested in a review when you get yours.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Shewie,
You've got one of these? Do you find that you still need an UQ or will a good mat in the bottom suffice?

Cheers
Simon

The sleeve in the base will take a regular sized mat, but you know me, I like to have fluffy downy goodness surrounding me, especially in winter :)

There's certainly not as much compression around the shoulders and sides like you get with a gathered end hammock so maybe you can get away with a good mat and sleeping bag. I've not had mine out in the cold yet as I just seem to favour the shelf and footbox of the BB.

You'll love it though mate :)

SBreen

Nov 23, 2009
Prague - CZ
Yep know that feeling, I love my UQ but I was thinking that if my inflatable mat will go in there then I may be able to shave a few grams from my pack. not so much of a problem when it all get's chucked in the canoe but if I'm needing multiple sleeping options then it would be nice not to have to take extra kit.

Simon

Col_M

Jun 17, 2010
London and Devon
Well they're here, I've had a little lie down in Simon's when I went around to pick up mine from his place as he had it set up on the balcony. First impressions are very good, like it says on the tin it's a very flat lay, you don't get much squeeze around the shoulders, with the rectangular profile of the bug netting at the top it feels very spacious. Proper review with photos to come once we've had the chance to use them in anger :)

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
I've been thinking about one of the JRB hammocks too, but expect a hefty customs fine when it arrives. Did you get stung? Or did you get below the radar?

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
Don't go giving me ideas Joel! :)) I need to try my Exped mat in my Frontline first, if that doesn't cure my sleeping bag issues with hammocking, then I'm jumping on this straight away!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE