NaturesCraft - Natures Craftsman Course 25 - 27 May 2012 Savanake Forest

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Thetillerman71

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 9, 2012
Gloucester
Just A quick review of a greenwood working course I've just come back from run by NaturesCraft

Essentially spent the weekend from Friday morning through to Sunday afternoon near Savanake Forest, near Marlborough in an ancient 12 acre forest learning a mixture of highly practical bushcraft skills and greenwood working. Weekend started off with the usual but relevant safety briefs and various techniques of using knives/ saws/ axes, leading onto chopping down a tree using an axe and after processing the wood then building our own bark/ wood cooking utensils, baskets and various tools including a mallet and bucksaw. Heart of the camp was located under a parachute and lots of food and entertainment/ banter provided by the instructors

Although having done a medium amount of bushcraft and several previous generic courses, though never anything woodworking specific I really enjoyed myself as did the rest of the group and although came back totally knackered and filthy dirty. Have spent the last days reflecting on my highs of the weekend in what i learnt and took away, also the lows of seeing my work sometimes burn in the fire after making a mistake.

In all glad I done it, and can't wait to book my next course or bushcraft outing. As always a big thank you to the people who gave up their weekend to make it happen

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Hi Chris,

Glad you enjoyed the course and hope to share a campfire with you again in the future.

We have put some pictures up on Facebook of all the group's great craft items here.

Thanks
Andy

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Hi Andy,

Are you currently offering any other courses this year? guess based on price places are quickly filled?

We have a couple of places on our last fundamentals course in June and a few left on the Hunter Gatherer course in September.

Some new stuff coming along for next year so keep an eye out on the site.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE