Natural wood spirit..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
Came across this nice little vision whilst out recently. Got my imagination going a bit, started remembering bits and bobs from Tolkien's books.. Couldn't resist defining the eyes a little. Residing on a branch attached to an enormous beech.
manuny9y.jpg
mazebequ.jpg

Anyone else got a shot of a similar type of thing?

Apologies if this is the wrong place.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Nice find and a good idea to continue this thread.

I often see faces in things; I just never have my camera!

Will_

Nomad
Feb 21, 2013
Dorset
I haven't seen too many faces in trees, but I'll keep my eyes open for this thread.
I often hear voices. "Set fire to him." "Set fire to her." Usually I just ignore them now... Usually. :27:

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
I haven't seen too many faces in trees, but I'll keep my eyes open for this thread.
I often hear voices. "Set fire to him." "Set fire to her." Usually I just ignore them now... Usually. :27:

Haha.. I thought that was just me..

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
that's cool. Never really thought about it but it is a lot easier to find things in clouds than trees, I'll look out for them now.....

Came across this nice little vision whilst out recently. Got my imagination going a bit, started remembering bits and bobs from Tolkien's books.. Couldn't resist defining the eyes a little. Residing on a branch attached to an enormous beech.
manuny9y.jpg
mazebequ.jpg

Anyone else got a shot of a similar type of thing?

Apologies if this is the wrong place.

Very good

'that thing which the Rat had vainly tried to shield him from--the Terror of the Wild Wood!'

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
Great images, keep them coming. The spirit I first posted is unchanged by my hand apart from the two v shaped eyes I carved. I wonder what caused it? Old branches, long dropped off? Insect damage? Any takers?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE