N.E. Scotland Haddo meet the results (PIC HEAVY)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Here is a handful of the photos from the meet. Overall it was a brilliant meet and chance to try out many new things.
More can be found on my flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52753575@N07/

Setting up the chute.

NE Bushmeet (2) by pandabean2010, on Flickr

Having a go at the atalatl.

NE Bushmeet (16) by pandabean2010, on Flickr

NE Bushmeet (18) by pandabean2010, on Flickr

NE Bushmeet (11) by pandabean2010, on Flickr

Pete using his super vision stare to heat up the water (with the help of a petrol stove)

NE Bushmeet (12) by pandabean2010, on Flickr

Bushcraft TV

NE Bushmeet (20) by pandabean2010, on Flickr

CBJ in his Chieftan's char. We unfortunately couldn't find a skull for the top of the chair.

NE Bushmeet (39) by pandabean2010, on Flickr

Hammock Central

NE Bushmeet (4) by pandabean2010, on Flickr

NE Bushmeet (5) by pandabean2010, on Flickr

NE Bushmeet (58) by pandabean2010, on Flickr

Chaz and is Bow Drill..

NE Bushmeet (60) by pandabean2010, on Flickr

Debris Shelter start.

NE Bushmeet (68) by pandabean2010, on Flickr

NE Bushmeet (70) by pandabean2010, on Flickr

CBJ in the shelter

NE Bushmeet (73) by pandabean2010, on Flickr

Me hiding in the shelter.

NE Bushmeet (74) by pandabean2010, on Flickr

NE Bushmeet (76) by pandabean2010, on Flickr

Saturday night's stew.

NE Bushmeet (78) by pandabean2010, on Flickr

Attempt at the lean-to

NE Bushmeet (8) by pandabean2010, on Flickr

NE Bushmeet (9) by pandabean2010, on Flickr

Making the rush mat

NE Bushmeet (90) by pandabean2010, on Flickr

Chaz's floating head

NE Bushmeet (91) by pandabean2010, on Flickr

NE Bushmeet (94) by pandabean2010, on Flickr

NE Bushmeet (84) by pandabean2010, on Flickr

Jan 6, 2011
Aberdeenshire
Evening everyone,

Very much appreciated this weekend, thanks to Craig for your organising and thanks to everyone who passed on skills/details/activities over the weekend. enjoyed the company, location and the bannocks, look forward to next meet. In the meantime stay safe and keep exploring.
Dave

As mentioned earlier, the meet was great and it was a great chance to meet old and new folk (mostly new). We covered alot during this meet with each of us sharing our own experiences/techniques.
The site where we were was part of the Haddo Country Estate and basically in the gardens of it, but when you were in the fenced off area you felt as if you were miles away from anyone else on the site. Sunday happened to be a large easter egg hunt with plenty of children roaming around looking for eggs. Luckily we had a sign up saying no eggs in here so were not too bothered.

Over the entire weekend, we covered various things. Shelter building (both a lean-to and debris shelter/A-Frame), fire lighting using flint & steel, Douglas Fir Sap and Chaz with the bow drill, we also spoke about traps and even did a bit of netting and successfully caught a bunny on the Friday morning which provided an afternoon snack. My first time trying rabbit and it was pretty good. We managed to get the camp loom working that I had wondered about the workings of it earlier and the results were great. Oh and we had the bannock cook off and must say that KP and Chaz made some excellent bannock - must get the recipie off you guys at some point. :)

Saturday night we had our big pot of stew which each of us helped in making and it was really good. This was the only night that it rained, but it only lasted for a few hours and even then wasn't too bad under the parachute.

We were going to try star gazing as KP brought along his telescope but the cloud prevented us from seeing anything, well at least until 2am on Saturday night when I got up for the loo to be greeted by a cloudless sky.

We had a few hammock converts during this trip, out of all the people that were there, there were 2 tents and the rest all hammocking bar 1 who bivied.

So overall a great weekend and nicely organised by Craig. Hope to see you all again soon.

Andy

Ironside

Tenderfoot
Oct 15, 2008
New Deer, Aberdeenshire
Excellent pics and an excellent weekend, really enjoyed myself. It was great to meet new folks and chat with people who share the same interests. CBJ thanks for all the work you put in get this organised and to everyone else for getting involved and making it such a good event. Hope to be able to do this again.

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Sorry for the late reply,

Glad you all enjoyed yourselves, it was great fun. Nice write up Panda thanks mate.

I hope those who couldnt make it this time will be able to come to the next one.

Chance we are hoping for september/October.

I think Panda has already started up a new thread so we can all agree on dates, locations etc.

atb

Craig

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE