N.E Scotland 2nd meetup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Hey folks,

As the first meet was a sucsess I thought I would plan for the 2nd with more time to spare.

I was thinking about late April early March.

David has very kindly invited us to Haddow woods so if you fancy going there we will need to sort the dates out as he runs the wood school and we would need to give him plenty of notice.

The other options as discussed were Bennachie or Glen Tanar

(and for future meets we have been invited back to Aden as we made a very good impression).

So hopefully thats the ball rolling and we can start looking forward to the next outing :D:D:D

Thanks

Craig

Dingus Magee

Loitering within tent
Nov 22, 2008
Darkest Aberdeenshire
Great stuff CBJ and I'm glad that we made a favourable impression on the Aden Park people. Count me in on this one...I take it that you meant late-March - early April? ;) I'm happy to try Haddo woods...Glen Tanar might be good for later in the season when the weather should be more clement.

I'm currently negotiating with a local bushcraft course provider to try to come up with a bespoke 2-day axe workshop, as I don't want to wait until his next course in 2011; if he offers a good deal, we could maybe make that a NE Scotland meet thing...sorry to hijack your thread...I'll start another on the subject, once I've heard back from him

I wish I'd taken some photos at the 1st meet...not like me to miss the chance of popping off a photo or two. Did any of you guys get good shots?

Cheers for now

Dingus ;)

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I'm still interested.

I've got a spare hobo shield (one of the prototypes) sitting in the shed, if anyone's interested in making their billy can heavier.

Feb 7, 2007
aberdeenshire
i would be interested in joining if i may
I have never been along to a group meet before as I tootle along usually with my daugter but she goes away to uni this year so am without a partner in crime

have been to on a few courses on the glen tanar estate run by bushcraft ventures so an alternative venue would be welcome
be a good opportunity to meet like minded folk

Feb 7, 2007
aberdeenshire
i initially started with the family course way back 4 years ago then became hooked ..so over the past 4 years i have covered a lot of his courses

I did taster course followed by route skills also the swedish wood carving and axe corse , . lawrence is a fantastic knowledgable guy and i have had opportunity to be involved in some of his courses setting up camp etc so may even see you there ..i'd be the one bringing the home bakes ...

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Hey folks hope you are all keeping well.

I went down to Haddo woods for the the course David (P.D.B) was running and I must say what an excellent site it is.

The date we managed to arrange was Friday the 22nd April - Sunday the 24th of April. I will be writing off to the landscape services to get the final permission to use the site.

The site itself is in a fenced off area that is filled with trees (so more room for hammocks) and there is already a fire pit area that we can use.

It will give us a chance to do more woodcraft than we were able to at Aden, (Shelter building etc etc).

Anyways Like last time could you please put your name down so I can keep track of everything. ( I hope all that were at the Aden meet can make it, would be good to catch up with you all) and also anyone else that is interested is welcome aswell.

Thanks folks

Craig

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
great stuff I will keep you up to date with everything on this thread. I should have an answer hopefully tommorow on the permission front

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
Subject to timing and finances, I wouldn't mind hooking up with some like minded folks for a weekend, as long as you don't mind a Weegie joining you :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE