N.E.S Meet #8 April (Glen Tanar)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Hi folks,

Hope you are all well.

After taking a bit of time out from all the forums I frequent to sort other things out, I am now back raring to get things going again.

Following our success last time at Glen Tanar we been welcomed back and I have already secured the site for us for our April meet.

The dates of the meet will be Thursday 10th -Friday 13th April and it will be at the same location as last time.

Also same rules apply as previous meets, by confirming that you are coming you are agreeing to these rules.

This list isn't exhaustive - common sense applies. If in doubt, Ask!

•Forum members are responsible for themselves, the kit they use and their own actions at the Meet – if you bring along family (or a friend) then you also accept responsibility for them and their actions whilst they are on site. The site or the council will not be held responsible for any accidents that happen during our stay.

•Rubbish: you brought it in, you put it in the bag – I will bring some bags along and if we can leave the site better than when we got there it will leave a good impression and we will more likely to be asked back.

•Responsible drinking of alcohol is ok – drugs are prohibited!

•‘Appropriate’ behavior: The site can, at any time, decline a booking – they can also ask(tell) us (individually or wholly) to leave during the Meet.

•Fires: are NOT to be left unattended, If you take a turn in watching the group fire or make your own and have to leave it please ask somebody to watch it for you (we are in the woods after all)

•Nobody is to go cutting down any live tree ( please ask if you are unsure)

•Food: you need to bring enough food and water to feed yourself while you are at the Meet.

•Accidents do happen and people will try to help out where they can however bringing your own First aid kit is important.

•If you are visiting someone else’s pitch do not expect to be fed.

•Use the appropriate tools at the appropriate times.

•It would be wise to be carrying a torch before it gets dark! It could also be provident to put markers on your shelter so you can find it in the dark.

•The pitch is suitable for using tents, hammocks and bivvies - use what you have and are comfortable using. There is still ample room to bring/use one type and trial/experiment with another.

•If you stick your name down and can no longer make it, please say so. It really helps me keep track of things.

•Please note that, on occasion, the first post will be edited to include better information. Although updates/edits will be posted in the thread, the first post needs to be re-read well in advance of the Meet

•In the highly unlikely event that I need to make use of this ... I reserve the right to stop any individual(s) from attending a Meet. Any individual(s) who I feel endanger our future use of the site will be required to leave the site.

• Please do not leave knives, axes unsheathed/ lying around.

The 'Touchy Subject' bit:
The only people we can't accommodate are those who would, purposely or otherwise, do harm to others. Primarily, this means that if you would be found unfit to adopt or foster a child then you can’t come along – same goes for anyone knowingly under investigation or having had an allegation made against them and is awaiting investigation.

It's fine if you want to:
•be on your own
•lay on your back looking at the sky, clouds, birds flying over etc
•whittle
•practice 'stuff' - except tree felling; the site has strong opinions about that
•practice flora and fauna i.d
•so on and so forth ...

This is, in no way, a bushcraft course and it's for you to make of it what you will.

Also I will add in here that we also have to abide by the rules of the Glen Tanar site. I/we have worked hard to earn a good reputation and I want to keep it that way.

Thanks.

I will start the list here, could you put your name down as possible/confirmed as soon as possible please as I have to fill out all the forms with expected numbers etc.

Craig : Thurs- Sun

Atb

Craig

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Cheers for the effort required to get GT again Craig. It is an amazing site!

KP +1: (?Thurs) Fri-Sun

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Cheers chaps Ill update the list from our FB page. We can also start planning our days.

Andy (+1 ?) :- Thurs - Sun
Chaz: Thurs-Sun
Pete: Thurs- Sun
Elen: Fri-Sun
Lawrence: (tbc)
Sean: Friday-Sun
Billy: Fri- Sun (tbc)
Mark: Thur-Sun (tbc)
Alison: Fri-Sun
Scrumpy: Sat-Sun
Susan: Sat-Sun
Jez: (tbc)

Last edited:

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Not been to glen tanar yet, I'd hope to make it to some of this one.....

Mousey: [tbc]

Last edited:

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Elen Sentier [Fri-Sun]
Fiona Dove [Fri-Sun] + 2 whippets :) (I think ...!!!)

Last edited:

Jazz006

Jun 7, 2013
Dundee
Billy + 1: Fri- Sun
Elen Sentier [Fri-Sun]
Fiona Dove [Fri-Sun] + 2 whippets :) (I think ...!!!)

That's me confirmed and plus 1, can't wait.
Billy

charleslockerbie

Jul 9, 2006
Aberdeen
Hi WWC, welcome in. We would be happy to have you join us. Your staffie is welcome to.

What days do you plan to attend so we can add you to the list.

Glad to see this meet is very popluar.

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
That's me confirmed and plus 1, can't wait.
Billy

Yep it should be a good one, hopefully the weather will be with us as well.

Hi WWC, welcome to BCUK and welcome to the N.E.S group. we do have a Facebook page as well if your on it.

Yep its fine to bring your dog, as long as it ok with other dogs as a couple of other people are bringing theirs also.

All the best

Craig

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE