N.E.S Meet 5 ( Back to Haddo)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Ok folks time to get the ball rolling again,

Were going back to Haddo ( If we can get the site booked) and hoping to have it in September.

So first things first what dates do you guys have in September.

atb

Craig

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
At the moment, absolutely none in September.

I have booked the 8th and 9th off, but I'm pretty sure there was a good reason for that... must check with the mrs when I get home from work!

KP

grilled bear

Tenderfoot
May 30, 2012
Aberdeenshire
I'd be keen to go, think I've still got a few days to take so hopefully can make it once dates are fixed as long as none of the other guys at work already booked it off. I'm a new comer to this just done a course with Backwoods last month but keen to practice and learn some new stuff. I was a fisherman in the past and could maybe offer a bit of help in this area if required.

Last edited:

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Ok folks, I havent been well latley so havent had the time or energy to sort this out.

ok the dates in September are:

Fri 7th - Sun 9th
Fri 14th- Sun 16th
Fri 21- Sun 23.

I cant make it on the last weekend which is the 28th- 30th

so can we get everybodys best date and well make a decision then.

grilled bear: Hey mate like Andy said your very welcome to come along and take from the meeting what you can.

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Well even if we dont get big numbers this time it should still be good, maybe we can explore the grounds a bit more do a bit more foraging and I wanted to get back to the roots and do a bit of bow drill etc as I for one need the practice. Andy going down on the Thursday shouldn't be a problem. I will give it untill Friday then just pick a date and get in touch with Graham and book the site etc.

atb

Craig

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Ok folks I have sent an email of to Graham asking if we can go down on Thursday 13 of September and stay until Sunday 16th September.

If we get the venue booked we can start sorting out what we want to do. If it is smaller numbers this time we can have a look at something different if you want.

Chance: Thanks mate

atb

Craig

Last edited:

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Just had initial confirmation that we are allowed back to Haddo.

Graham retired a few months ago so there is a new chap dealing with things also there is a new events planner for Haddo so they need to be in the loop aswell.

I phoned today and they said they said it should be ok to go ahead.

so folks as usual can you please put your name down asap along with the days you can make it.

All are welcome

Craig: Thursday - Sunday

grilled bear

Tenderfoot
May 30, 2012
Aberdeenshire
Sorry still cannot say for sure if can make it due to work being flat out.They already asking if can work holidays in two weeks time! On another note can any of you NE dudes recomend a spot for me to wild camp overnight thats not too far away from me Sauchen (halfway between Westhill and Alford) Looking for somewhere I can practice seeting up camp in the woods (tarp and bivi on the ground) and mess around making fire and a bitt of wittling. A wee burn would be handy to save having to humph water in asa well.

charleslockerbie

Jul 9, 2006
Aberdeen
Hi Grilled Bear, im not from Aberdeen but bennachie aint too far from you, its a nice place and you should be able to find yourself somewhere to camp out and practice your skills. Be very carefull of fire a lot of the ground is peaty if i remember correctly.

If you can make it to the meet you will be more than welcome, even if you cant make the full weekend.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Grilled Bear- there is an estate near Torphins and I have an email for one of their foresters- I've been meaning to email him re: bush-crafting on the land... I'll do it tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

KP

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE