For Sale Mystery Ranch Mountain Ruck (ALICE Pack) In Coyote

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ross Bowyer

Apr 29, 2004
kendal
Hi All,

Im selling my Mystery Ranch Mountain Ruck, which is their version of the ALICE Pack. For those who haven't heard of Mystery Ranch they are a US company that excels in production extremely high end rucksacks for the Military and Civilian markets.

Over the years I have tried many, many rucksacks and have now settled on a system that works for me, so I am no longer using this and need to clear up some space.

This is a large rucksack and will easily hold all your kit for a week or longer! I ran out of pillows to stuff in for these pictures!

The weight bearing system is second to none and it is extremely comfortable with stupidly heavy weights inside.

Small forest axe shown for scaleIMG_3719.jpgIMG_3718.jpgIMG_3720.jpgIMG_3721.jpgIMG_3722.jpgIMG_3723.jpg

Here is a link to a YouTube video and the Mystery Ranch Website:

https://www.mysteryranch.com/mountain-ruck-pack

Condition: Like New, but I have removed some superfluous Molle strips on the lid and some back support for use with body armour. None of the alterations affect usability or function. *Some small holes remain from removed stitching.*

Price: This bag is £500 new + import duties so I am asking £300 Via Pay pal, including UK P&P

Thanks for looking,

Ross

Reactions: sgtoutback

richy3333

Jan 23, 2017
Far north Scoootland
Hi. What size frame is this? Is it the older style bag as it looks like the external pockets are now different? Are anymore pics available of the holes? Thanks.

Ross Bowyer

Apr 29, 2004
kendal
Hi all,

Having trouble with my laptop so trying this on my phone.

the rucksack is in good condition apart from the small stitch holes in the lid (see circled picture).

the frame size is medium, I am 5’ 9” and 11.5st and it fits perfectly.

I bought this in 2017 and it looks like they have changed the from pocket arrangement slightly, but other than that it’s the same pack.

Any other questions just ask.

I’m not sure how postage will work currently, but will look into options.

Ross1585480563069.jpeg630FE986-6449-4E59-96E7-BA33085E232E.jpeg40FE53E8-C572-424F-9F37-14EAAF2A2851.jpeg1699FC79-1B8B-41B3-ADB3-6539D9D7CB06.jpegA63C2048-8C11-4185-AECF-188A2F076390.jpeg9DD9AFEF-D66E-431D-8E47-6CCA6D268CAB.jpeg113E7204-B10F-4393-8D09-9FC1693BC0C3.jpeg127974D2-D1E4-4861-9D58-12D83A84935E.jpegD608F941-728B-482A-A972-32F45D0334E9.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

inlikeflynn

Mar 16, 2020
Stockholm
Hi Ross, thanks for the pictures :) Unfortunately I can't seem to click on any of them. They just take me to a page that says "ooops something went wrong" .......this bit has been edited out by Toddy, and sent by pm to Ross. Not a good idea to leave an email address on open forum....... Providing of course it doesn't break any forum rules. Many thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

ACD

Apr 13, 2020
UK
Yes, I’ve heard nothing from inlikeflynn so it’s still up for grabs.
I shall give it some thought and check out reviews etc. I used to have a tailored Alice pack but didn't get on with the frame but I do like the layout and external pouches giving easy access to water bottles and cooking gear. Similarly I've used the Berghaus Vulcan and tailored PLCE. Will MR pouches take 1lt Nalogeen bottles? What sort of price are you looking given that you've removed the lid MOLLE etc. Just out of interest what system have you now settled on? I'm struggling to find something that works for me.

Ross Bowyer

Apr 29, 2004
kendal
I shall give it some thought and check out reviews etc. I used to have a tailored Alice pack but didn't get on with the frame but I do like the layout and external pouches giving easy access to water bottles and cooking gear. Similarly I've used the Berghaus Vulcan and tailored PLCE. Will MR pouches take 1lt Nalogeen bottles? What sort of price are you looking given that you've removed the lid MOLLE etc. Just out of interest what system have you now settled on? I'm struggling to find something that works for me.

The frame on the MR version is far superior to the issued ALICE Pack. I have used the Alice pack and a PLCE pack on a ALICE frame and the MR version distributes the weight far more efficiently. It also has much more padding on the shoulder straps, waist belt and back.

I have the human gear lid on a 1lt Nalgean so its a bit taller than the standard lid, so mine doesn't fit in the two outer pockets, but with a normal lid it would fit. It fits with plenty of room (in fact you can get two in the central pocket), there is also MOLLE webbing above the side pockets and on the sides of the pack. I could chuck in a Kifaru water bottle holder which fits the Nalgean.

I am after £300.

I am now using the Qui-Ya from HillPeople Gear, I work in many different environments and this bag fits my needs.

The MR bag is great and can easily carry all your stuff for a week or more and has the flexibility to add more pockets to increase functionality.

Let me know if you're keen.

Ross

ACD

Apr 13, 2020
UK
I'm going to give it some thought over the next week. It's a lot of money so I'll have to come back to you.

BrackenRigg

May 21, 2020
Cotswolds
Thats okay. Could you PM the photos as i have tried to access the ones you’ve Previously uploaded and i cannot seem to open them? Please let me know of you’re selling elsewhere and i’ll look to access photos there. I assume £300 is the lowest you’ll go?
Thank you in advance!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE