My new outdoor cooking blog, ash on the fire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

atross

Nomad
Sep 22, 2006
London
hi

Just wanted to post up a link to my new blog! I have started to really get into outdoor cooking and I have decided to blog about it. First post is a Mexican breakfast in a dutch oven,

http://ashonthefire.typepad.com

Hope you guys like it. Any comments welcome, also any pointers on how to use type pad would be greatly appreciated.

Mods, I don't think I have done anything naughty but if I have please delete

atross

Nomad
Sep 22, 2006
London
Cheers for your comments, thought it would be a fun way to push myself with the cooking as well as to try and learn a bit about blogging.

Really appreciate the support

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
That's great, Ash, it looks very professional! I've added it to the cooking section in my bookmarks list. :)

Please keep us posted on new blog entries.

Now, where did I see an 8 litre dutch oven for sale...? :pokenest:

zeBarOOn

Forager
Mar 22, 2010
Southampton
www.shroos.com
Nice one! I'm finding my self getting a lot more enjoyment out of 'camp cooking' more and more so your blog is a valuable resource!
I do't have a dutch oven though only a honeystove and billy. I don't see why I cant make that recipe for 1 - just less ingredients in the billy can?

All the best mate.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Nice blog Ash and a slightly different take on things Very enjoyable

"I do't have a dutch oven though only a honeystove and billy. I don't see why I cant make that recipe for 1 - just less ingredients in the billy can?"

I think that was breakfast for one for the big fella lol

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
nice blog just one minor criticism the last photo of the finished dish is a little out of focus, its always good to drool over the finished product :D

atross

Nomad
Sep 22, 2006
London
Cheers guys, I reckon you could do it in a billy, I would halve the amounts for one person. The camera woman (wife) had some as well ;0)

Nice one! I'm finding my self getting a lot more enjoyment out of 'camp cooking' more and more so your blog is a valuable resource!
I do't have a dutch oven though only a honeystove and billy. I don't see why I cant make that recipe for 1 - just less ingredients in the billy can?

atross

Nomad
Sep 22, 2006
London
nice blog just one minor criticism the last photo of the finished dish is a little out of focus, its always good to drool over the finished product :D

Agreed, when I peeked at it on the little screen I thought it looked ok, future photos will be more drooley!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE