My first ever spoon

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
At my last meet I thought I would have a go at making a teaspoon for my brew kit. I had some offcuts of 2 year seasoned ash from building my canoe which was hard as hell.
DSC_0209_zpsdfa9aa08.jpg

DSC_0220_zpsb0a889cc.jpg

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Nice one there bud... like the way you put a lanyard hole for the paracord... :), I keep putting my spoon in a place that is safe :), looks a god size to me...

Maxwellol

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2013
Manchester
Thanks mate. I've started a larger spoon to eat with now which started life as a piece of cedar decking. It's hard as nails again.

Now I don't really know a lot so feel free to correct me but I'm sure I read somewhere that treated timber is toxic in some way...?

The first spoon however looks really, really good. My first spoon is sat on the windowsill upstairs and every time I look at it I think "Gosh, what a mess. Try another one."

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
Now I don't really know a lot so feel free to correct me but I'm sure I read somewhere that treated timber is toxic in some way...?

The first spoon however looks really, really good. My first spoon is sat on the windowsill upstairs and every time I look at it I think "Gosh, what a mess. Try another one."

The decking hasn't been treated its raw mate plus I've already removed tons of material there's no way and treated surfaces would remain. Lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE