Mtp pcs Cold Weather Fleece PCS Thermal Undershirt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Who owns one of these and previously wore the old pattern Norge shirt.

what are they like ( have heard they are not very warm)

Hanging on to my old comfortable button wrist norgie can’t find good cheap replacements.

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
Who owns one of these and previously wore the old pattern Norge shirt.

what are they like ( have heard they are not very warm)

Hanging on to my old comfortable button wrist norgie can’t find good cheap replacements.

I have never had any success with them, old or new. I found them both cold, and I suffered greatly from condensation, which on one occasion led to a dangerous situation in sub zero temperature when the "thing" froze on me. 100% merino wool since, and never a problem.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Like the old version being using various ones since the mid 80’s in all weathers. Just heard new one was rubbish.
Thinking should I try them?

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
ive got a couple of norgees, one by tuna tensil and an issue one, ive never really understood how they could work very well being cotton and once sweated up they just act like a sponge.
ok if you are static maybe but... dunno, sorry no experience of the new PCS shirt, but i have had ok results with paramo midlayers (basically polyester) and like already said i wear my "go to" ulfrotte 200 merino for walks, and riding my motorcycle. got a 400 zip up too but havent been cold enough to need that tbh in the UK anyway.

Insel Affen

Settler
Aug 27, 2014
Tewkesbury, N Gloucestershire
Never liked the Norgie, it always made me feel like I was being choked, I think it's due to my short neck. The new shirt has had mixed reviews, mainly bad from those who had Norgies but good from those who didn't, but the new one is very different material and design, so you pay's your money and makes your choice.

Personally, I layer up with ECW shirt, t-shirt, Shirt/Jacket, Smock and if it's really cold I break out my woolly pully and/or fleece (civvy down one or mil issue one) and never really suffered from cold - mind you I wasn't issued on of the new ones either.

You might be able to pick a new one up cheap through a surplus shop, so you could buy on and do a comparison. But if you're happy with your old one, keep it until it's worn out; they're still a great bit of kit (if not my personal choice).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE