MSR Titan Kettle Fit The Bush Cooker??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi Guys, I just purchsed the MSR Titan Kettle, does anyone know if The Bush Cooker fits inside it? I want them both to fit each other, and before I take the wrapping off I need to know!

On BackPackingLight.co.uk they state The Bush Cooker fits inside the Tibetan Titanium 1100, but with no mention of the Titan Kettle!

There quotes are:
The Bush Cooker = 'Measuring in at 110mm dia'
The Tibetan Titanium 1100 = 'External dimensions, 123mm diamter'
The Titan Kettle = 'With a diameter of 114mm'

If not I'll have to send it back and get the Tibetan Titanium 1100.
Cheers for any info!!

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
I Have a BushBuddy, which I am led to believe is the same size as the Bush Cooker, and it fits exactly inside the the MSR Titan Kettle, but...

its about a 10mm too tall, so you can't then snap the lid on the kettle.

If you turn the lid upside down, it sits on top of the BushBuddy, and can be held in place with a rubber band or just left loose if you put the whole lot in a tight fitting stuff sack.

Because the Bushbuddy top fits into the recess on the upside down kettle lid, this arrangement only ends up about 10-12mm taller than the kettle on its own.

Although, I said it fits exactly there is enough space to wrap a bit of kitchen roll around the Bush Buddy to keep the inside of the pot clean. This is a tight fit and stops rattling.

I would be tempted to ask Bob at BackpackingLight if you want a definitive answer. They are incredibly helpful at BackPackingLight and Bob is a member here.

Graham

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I had the Titan Kettle and was not happy with the fit with the Bushcooker. In the end I bought the Tibetan 1100 and that fits a treat. It's down to what you like, but it annoyed me that the Titan Kettle was too short and the lid didn't fit properly. The Tibetan 100 comes with the little bag that keeps it all secure and you can still fit foil around the cooker and keep tinder in there for a quick light up.

16May200918.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers JonathanD, will have to have a good think on this one, its gona look like a tossup between having the Bush Cooker sticking out about 10mm, but gainning the slight benefit of having a pouring spout, or go for the correct snug fit of the Titanium1100 with the extra height!.. Humm.. Spout with rubber band to hold it together? or a closed fitting system? Humm Hummm!!!

(thinking out loud!!).. Being a light weight wood gas system, why do I need a pouring spout if I'm going to drink out of the pot I've just heated the water/food in? I would only need a spout if I had another cup to pour into.. meaning more weight?! Do I really need a Titan Cup to go with the titan Kettle.. or just get away with the Titanium 1100 on its own!??.. Humm??

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
As you are still undecided, I would go with the bigger pot.

The fit of the Titan, while OK, is a bit irritating.

Size wise, I find its bigger than I need for a personal brew up and not really big enough for two.

But then as I make filter coffee when I'm out, I'm pouring the water into another container anyway.

The bigger pot may well pour fine without a spout, some do and some don't.

Maybe Jonathan can advise on this.

Graham

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
It does pour fine without a spout. No problems there. I pour from it all the time when making brews for two to three people. It also holds those boil in the bag ready meals really well, which the Titan didn't. That extra couple of cm really made alot of difference.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I have been looking for a good titanium pot and it looks like the tibetan may win. I like the look of the bush buddy cooker too but am looking to try and see if I can build something like it first as the cost value to it...searching the net and you tube has given me some ideas but yet to put them in practice yet.

Podcast Bob

WoldCrafter did indeed contact me and I confirmed the above notes. It will fit inside the Titan Pot, but is 5-10mm too high for the lid to close sadly.

The problem lies in trying to build a stove which will managed to perform within the limited height of the MSR pot. It is just a bit too squat to take a stove tall enough.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE