Move

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I mean, as in move house

Ive never done it and no one seems to want to tell me.

I have to tell all the businesses I deal with...email or write?

what do you do?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
If you deal with them online then there's usually a facility on their sites to advise of your change of address. Failing that phone up their customer services and tell them.

The other thing to remember is arrange re-direction of all your post

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
Here goes.
Make a list of everyone you receive post from. Then start adding to this list everything that needs to be changed. My last one had 52 seperate names. Don't forget things like car insurance, driving licence, and all the utilities companies, they will need final readings the day you move. Any clubs subscriptions etc. Don't forget your the local authority and also the electoral register. Doctors , opticians, and any clubs you maybe a member of. You may have given your address when you joined things online so don't forget to change your on line presence. Banks and credit cards and any insurances you might have. Don't forget things like any insurances you may have on appliances. Most can be done online, the rest I would do on the phone.

Good luck

potboiler

Jan 20, 2009
Dorset
Have you contacted the utility companies for your new area (water, sewerage) to let them know you'll be a new customer?
With regard to gas and electric, you may be able to continue your existing arrangements in your new place. Make sure you read the meters when you leave your old place and when you get to your new, so you don' t pay someone else's bill.

Post redirection is very important as Mesquite says. There's always some person or organisation you forget, though making a list really helps anticipate problems.

Be able to make a cuppa when you reach your new place, too. You'll need it,.or your helpful friends will, or even your new neighbours.

Good luck

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE