Mosedale Cottage Bothy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Druss

Forager
Jul 28, 2013
Leeds
I was just wondering if any of you have been to the Mosedale Cottage Both in Cumbria. Me and a pal are planning a 2 night camping trip thursday and friday and would like to camp near the Bothy on the first night, then find a good location to walk to on the second day for a bit of wild camping. Was hoping for some help with good routes. Where to leave the car, any information any of you have would be greatly appreciated. Information is not in abundance on the web about the place so were going to go over the OS map tomorrow and try and come up with a route but would love to hear off you guys what experiences you have had there. Thanks in advance.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I've been over there during the day, decent bothy with a good amount of space inside.
Can''t remember the exact route but we walked over there from the carpark at the end of Haweswater.
Was a bit of a boggy route over there but it was winter when we walked over there with mucho sleet falling.

If I was to go again I'd maybe leave the vehicle near Wet Sleddale dam instead.

Druss

Forager
Jul 28, 2013
Leeds
Thanks for the reply, were going to have a look at Wet Sleddale now and see if we can come up with a route.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I'm fairly sure there's a place to park right near the dam and a walk in from there. but I've never walked to the bothy from that end.
Should be loads of red deer round that area as well.

Druss

Forager
Jul 28, 2013
Leeds
Yes there is a car park at the Dam, were going to try to walk from there. Looks like a decent route. I'll do a trip report when I get back and mark out the route we took, there are a lot of bridal ways about.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE