Morels post-wildfire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Oh yes. Should be good. 2017, the Fort Mac fire has burnt so much (4,800km^2 at last I heard) that it should be another good year.
There is piracy, vehicle hijackings and major theft with violence. Not a crop for the faint.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
The Japanese market is just crazy for another species, the Pine Mushroom.
Harvest involves peeling back the understory layer of moss so a little bit more than a simple disturbance.
I've read some wild stories about piracy.

Last year, I was given 3 of them to eat. Very good meaty taste but not worth robbery.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I love mushrooms, I love picking them.
But I think Morels are overrated. Slightly toxic, and what flavor they have is almost gone after the treatment to decrease the toxin.
Chantarelles, bolettes and others are what I prefer!

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Update this morning on "The Beast," aka the Fort McMurray wild fire. Area consumed = 5230 km^2 and still out of control.
Our pine forests are borne of fire. That what it takes to open the serontinous pine cones and release seed for natural regeneration.

About 20% of Fort Mac disappeared. With no landmarks, very difficult to figure out which street is which.
Those areas won't see water/gas/power for a long time.
The oilsands camps are opening up again. Townsfolk scheduled returns (to what?) June 1, 2, 3 & 4.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE